First Ag Brewday

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goatherder

Fancyman of Cornwood
Reaction score
It must be the season, cos here is yet another "my first AG" post.

I was deperate to get my first brew done over the easter, so I rushed around madly on the Thursday before gathering equipment. A trip to the LHBS scored me my ingredients, some pickup tubes, a false bottom and a most excellent chiller - thanks MHB! On the way home, I grabbed an overpriced 3 ring burner and a reg. That was it, I was ready to go.

I chose an ordinary bitter as my first recipe. Maris Otter, Crystal and a bit of brown malt with EKG as the hops. After a few hours of delicious smells I ended up with about 21 litres of 1.038 wort. The S-04 took care of it in less than a week.

It's all bottled up and I'm just waiting for it to carbonate properly. I was probably a bit optimistic sampling a bottle after 2 days, but I had to try. The 5th day bottle was way better - if this is what AG homebrew tastes like, then I'm not going back.

I finally got around to posting some more details of my kit and the brewday. Have a browse if you feel like it:

http://goatherder.googlepages.com/brewery

I can't wait to do the next one...

Well done Goatherder, it wasn't too long ago that I saw my first AG demo ar Ross place and got to sample some of his beers that I realised how damn good real beer tastes. Believe me, you won't go back, I did a K&K recently to fill a hole in my brewing schedule and was so dissapointed by the lack of taste, I vowed never again to sully my hands with beer in a tin. (no offence to the K&K Boys :) ) Had a look at your site and it looks great ! sent you a PM about it too.

cheers

Browndog

Latest posts

Back