Firestone, Dogfishead, Lagunitas, Stone Available In Australia

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just had the 60 min ipa. Its good.. real good. now to devise a clone! ;)

Seriously there looks to be plenty, if you are in by the weekend id say you will get a taste of everything.

Cool. Wasn't terribly worried (not any moreso than before your post anyway). All in good fun.

Although after seeing that picture Manticle's idea is looking pretty good!

looking good. if these guys sell out on the acland cellars website they say they are getting these in the new year as well. god i love living in melbourne

I am BLOODY jealous! I tried Lagunitas for the first time in Nth American a few years ago. Seriously, the IPA was (at the time) the best beer I had tasted. Amazing stuff.

Great to see somebody is importing the stuff! :super:

Also good to hear it is all in date etc. Nothing to worry about (as suspected).

Just for proof! Oh they have Anchor, The whole Sierra Nevada range and Epic's IPA and MAYHEM too!

See, i dont lie! :icon_drool2: I wish i had a snap freezer as the anticipation for the 60 minute IPA and Laguinitas IPA is killing me!

So. Much. Hate.

:ph34r:

just drinking the Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA....

BITTERNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

awsome stuff

Jus had the lagunitas... awesome! :icon_drool2: Too overcome to write a review!

just had my 1st taste of the Firestone walker IPA as well. It's like the lagunitas except double the malt character! :icon_chickcheers:

Jus had the lagunitas... awesome! :icon_drool2: Too overcome to write a review!

just had my 1st taste of the Firestone walker IPA as well. It's like the lagunitas except double the malt character! :icon_chickcheers:
Keep it to yourself.. Bloody mexicans get everything first.

Keep it to yourself.. Bloody mexicans get everything first.

Sucks to be you! I'd chuck another in the fridge but unfortunatly after the three amigos (dogfishhead 60 min, lagunitias ipa and Firestone walker IPA) im pretty much toasted. I dont want to waste these sweet sweet american beers! :icon_drool2:

After a few rogues and a pint of Hophead tonight, I have a maligned bitterness on my back palate that is not hop derived....

Mexican bastards.

DSC00098.JPG

^$106.50

I was getting low on boxes for my homebrew - how convenient!

Just happened to go into Purvis while in Melbourne a few days ago and picked myself up a few beers.

Dogfish Head 90 min
Oaked Arrogant *******
Sierra Nevada Torpedo, Pale, Porter and Anniversary

Looks like I managed to get in there at the right time!

Nah, every bottle shop in Melbourne has a range like that. :ph34r:

when i went out to get my share of this beer i stopped at slow beer and the fella working there said they will be getting it in next year aswell. he also mentioned that thees will be direct imports not beer that has stopped in 5 countries along the way. so hope fully every GOOD botlleshop should have these soon. and my 2 c worth is that the lagunitas is the pick of the bunch so far.but i still have the 90 min ipa and hop stoopid to go.tomorrow night should see them knocked over.

I am BLOODY jealous! I tried Lagunitas for the first time in Nth American a few years ago. Seriously, the IPA was (at the time) the best beer I had tasted. Amazing stuff.

Great to see somebody is importing the stuff! :super:

Also good to hear it is all in date etc. Nothing to worry about (as suspected).

I had a few Lagunita's on the tourist ferry which floats around San Francisco harbour, under the Golden Gate and around Alcatraz earlier this year.

Couldn't believe they were serving it up. Kicker was the yanks were into the hot chocolate and Miller instead.

Oh the humanity :(

A friend in the States just informed me that he just bought a sixer of Lagunitas IPA for US$6.50. Now I know how you non-Melbournians feel. :(

I had a few Lagunita's on the tourist ferry which floats around San Francisco harbour, under the Golden Gate and around Alcatraz earlier this year.

Couldn't believe they were serving it up. Kicker was the yanks were into the hot chocolate and Miller instead.

Mind boggling isn't it! The other one I LOVED was their Amber Ale. American beers are often called anything but balanced, but even though these ones were seriously hoppy, they were still totally in balance, I couldn't think of a single thing I'd change about the recipes.

By the way, at the time I dug around for some info on the IPA and from memory its hopped with 100% Willamette... :icon_drool2:

The SN torpedo is an excellent beer. I downed quite a number of them when visiting the US earlier this year.

A friend in the States just informed me that he just bought a sixer of Lagunitas IPA for US$6.50. Now I know how you non-Melbournians feel.

Duff has said it all Bum.

By the way, at the time I dug around for some info on the IPA and from memory its hopped with 100% Willamette... :icon_drool2:

Not according to CYBI! ;) Ive sooo got to whip one of this bad boys out!

Lagunitas IPA

6 Gal. batch
OG: 1.060
FG: 1.018-1.020
SRM: 9
IBU: 46.8

10.9# American Two Row
1.3# Crystal 10L
0.92# Munich 10L
0.87# Wheat Malt
0.55# Crystal 60L

4g Summit 18.5% @ 60min
10g Horizon 12% @ 60min
23g Willamette 4.75% @ 30min
11.4g Centennial 10% @ 30min
34g Cascade 5.75% @ 1min
21g Cascade 5.75% @ Dry Hop
21g Centennial 9% @ Dry Hop

Mash Temp: 158F-160F, Boil Time 60min

English yeast : WLP002/WY1968
Ferment Temp: 66F (Slowly raise to 70F, during a period of 5-6days)

Latest posts

Back