Finally!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jase

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just a quick post to show that I've finally built myself a brew stand!

I know that there would be a lot of you out there saying WOW! Who hasn't? But this is something that I've tried to do for the last few years, but due to my inability to weld, I have come up short.

A big thanks to the posts describing weldless stands, especially the messages from Maple and vicelore, and the MALE boys, especially Franko, Linz and Pumpy!!!! I love the fact that adjustments can be made to the stand (I've made a few already!)

With a week's leave next week, it's time to get some grain and hops and start brewing, I've also got a bit of reading to do, in regards to cleaning the brewery (vessels and lines, as well as some cubes) before that maiden brew!

I'm also thinking on making a Schwartz bier, Porter or Stout for the first AG!!!!

2009_075_small.jpg

2009_077_small.jpg

Cheers,
Jase

Mate I picked up my brewstand while I was cruising on kerbside collection day, a match made in heaven :D

brewstand.jpg

Not taking the piss, but, I'm considering a purpose made BIAB 'frame' arrangement. Where do you get those weldless bolt-together sections and what is their brand name nowadays? I used to get similar things in the UK yonks ago to build shelving etc and they are bloody good, a bit like a giant 'Meccano' set. :icon_cheers:

Mate I picked up my brewstand while I was cruising on kerbside collection day, a match made in heaven :D

View attachment 28611

Not taking the piss, but, I'm considering a purpose made BIAB 'frame' arrangement. Where do you get those weldless bolt-together sections and what is their brand name nowadays? I used to get similar things in the UK yonks ago to build shelving etc and they are bloody good, a bit like a giant 'Meccano' set. :icon_cheers:

G'day BribieG,

The slotted angle is from Dexion.

Cheers,
Jase

Nice work Jase.

I look forward to tasting that Maiden brew.

Kabooby :)

Ahh... Luckily we had Mechano as kids but that is how a man uses it!! Good work Jase!!

A pump and you have many a brew to do eh?

Nice.

:icon_cheers:

Bribie, judging by that floor ,you need a cleaner mate

Bribie, judging by that floor ,you need a cleaner mate

Yup I've got a brew day happening on Saturday so I'd better get the garage floor scrubbed up. The problem is that I'll have to re-draw the high tech positioning marks on the floor for the legs of the brew stand :(

Big question is . .. how much??? ;)

I'm a tool tard :lol: and need hit together stuff . . . :excl:

Cheers

Big question is . .. how much??? ;)

I'm a tool tard :lol: and need hit together stuff . . . :excl:

Cheers

Around $200 for the lot, slotted angle, brackets and nuts and bolts.

Cheers,
Jase

that happy plant looks like ****!, I recommend seeweed emulsion

Looks great Jase. nice one.

Good work Jase.
Let us know how it stands up for the test. :)

I bought a weldless shelving unit from Bunnings last year with a total weight capacity of 350kg, and it comes with MDF shelves. You can either put it together as a 7 foot tall unit, a more squat but longer unit or even a right angled corner shelf. Think it cost me about a hundred bucks. Bloody good investment for storing over 300 bottles of beer! ALthough Ive been meaning to seal and paint the MDF, to protect against moisture, if you were using it as a brew stand, that would be a high priority I would say.

Around $200 for the lot, slotted angle, brackets and nuts and bolts.

Cheers,
Jase
$200 :eek: , looks great though and a great idea.

I bought a weldless shelving unit from Bunnings last year with a total weight capacity of 350kg, and it comes with MDF shelves. You can either put it together as a 7 foot tall unit, a more squat but longer unit or even a right angled corner shelf. Think it cost me about a hundred bucks. Bloody good investment for storing over 300 bottles of beer! ALthough Ive been meaning to seal and paint the MDF, to protect against moisture, if you were using it as a brew stand, that would be a high priority I would say.
I just bought one of these from Bunnings the other day to store all my grain on, each shelf was 150kg, and was only $69, but as Renegade has said the shelves are made from MDF. A freind of mine said that Aldi where selling them for about $40, although not sure what weight capacity they are.

I would think that if you do what Jase has done and onll have the shelving on the one side, then you can not use the MDF. I have been thinking, since Sat as I hurt my back, that I need to do something similar but wasn't sure what to use. Jase you have given me the best idea yet!!!

The option I had with the shelf I bought was that you could make 2 "work benches" albeit rather low, but these would be great to set up as a brew stand, and for those of us who have no idea about welding this is by far the easiest option.

Jase my back and I thank you!!

:icon_cheers:
Eric

$200 :eek: , looks great though and a great idea.

That dexion stuff is a little more pricey- probably because it is better quality.

I was going down this path but then went the welded option with the F-I-L doing that bit for me. Cost to me was $130 in steel plus a few beers as payment (which I drank some of anyway!!).

I had sent my brew frame plan off to a couple of professional welders asking for quotes. One came back at $545, the other at $920!!!!!

Nice work on the frame... It looks like the one I'm building but tipped on its side (mine is gravity fed)

So I take it you have a pump for that system? I figured I'd use gravity for a while seeing its free and I'll be cubing the hot wort so no need to circulate for cooling.

Good luck with the maiden brew!

Latest posts

Back