Finally Did My First Homebrew

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think its better to draw a sample to do the testing. That way you can taste it along the way

I think its better to draw a sample to do the testing. That way you can taste it along the way

IAWTC...gives you a good idea of how the baby is coming along.

Re: dumping the hydrometre in the fermenter - I did it with my plastic fermenter and there was no point to it. Couldn't see through the side properly, what I could see through the top was irrelevant anyway as the hydro was all covered in krausen scum.

Just remember to rip the airlock off when drawing a sample or it sucks the filth from the airlock back into your brew.

Also someone mentioned the dodginess of supplied tube for sampling - I have etched a line around mine to the fill point for testing, so I'm not wasting beer by drawing extra, and also sealed one end with plumbers tape and rammed the cap in. Goes like a charm!

thanks for the invite kabooby, sounds good and if i cant make it this time i definately would like to come along at some stage. was also keen to check out the MALE meetup but as its on my birthday ive already got plans.

gerald, ive been on toymods for around 9 years but dont post on there as much anymore, probably spend more time on PF and other forums.

Latest posts

Back