Fermzilla

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I commented on that thread.. My FermZilla has the same stress marks in it. Unfortunately, I ruined it by letting it soak in the wrong chemicals which ate the lower cone seal so I've replaced it with an All Rounder for now. Before that however it was still going strong however

Captain douche lord CEO chimed in as well as is his want to do accusing me of drinking the KegLand cool aid even though I was being critical of these marks in the FermZilla.

SO maybe you can send him a screen shot of this in your little Keg-King-Circle-Jerk chat you all likely have
No doubt that Kegland cool aid is habit forming and hence my sadness that I cannot get you to quit. We do have something that will cure it quick smart though - its called no bullshit.

As you say reviews, would it be Keg King I would post up the same pics, probably is upsetting for those who have bought the FermZilla, like Lorenzo99. I bought one too and was far from happy with the quality. Moving on another review.
View attachment 118589

Only been used twice!

Out of curiosity how tight is that handle done up? On mine I stopped as soon as it had just grabbed on the neck. Over tightening the handle will put stress on the neck, I wonder if this is a contributing factor to the failures. Ideally it would be designed so that it couldn't happen.

Hehehehe, he heard his name and came running
He did didn't he, though he sounds more like a jilted lover than a purchaser of faulty goods, he even says the stress fractures are his fault for using the wrong chemical. As if that would cause stress fractures, 10 out of 10 for loyalty for someone he has never met.

Out of curiosity how tight is that handle done up? On mine I stopped as soon as it had just grabbed on the neck. Over tightening the handle will put stress on the neck, I wonder if this is a contributing factor to the failures. Ideally it would be designed so that it couldn't happen.

This is what i was thinking, looks like they may have over tightened the handle and caused some hairline cracks which pressure fermenting probably exacerbated.

Those stress cracks occur when you reheat the PET whilst the threaded part stays cooler during the two stage process. The production process is not suitable to make pressure vessels.

The stress fractures were on mine out of the box and I never got any handles.

He did didn't he, though he sounds more like a jilted lover than a purchaser of faulty goods, he even says the stress fractures are his fault for using the wrong chemical. As if that would cause stress fractures, 10 out of 10 for loyalty for someone he has never met.
I think you're aware, but I was talking about Captain Douche Lord.

No wonder this forum gets a bad wrap.... It's full of the same pathetic people from both sides arguing over kegland and keg king. Like the majority of people, I am over it and wish we could just discuss brewing from an unbiased point of view.

Spot on, its not even entertaining now between keg king and kegland and some of the people here.

if i was solely trying to rely on these forums to go through kegland or keg king i wouldnt purchase from either store.

i teell you what keg king and kegland both companies should be dam ashamed of themselves

i have only just got back into brewing, and lucky for me i knew exactly what i wanted and where to get it...
but if i was newcomer to home brewing and entered this forum and i seen 2 homebrew shops go head to toe whinging about each other
regardless who is right or who is wrong, it would have turn me off brewing as i would think whats the point of buying gear of homebrew shop as all they do is whinge about eacher other

time to grow up keg king and kegland.
there is room for the both of ya's in corona town

i am sure both can give constructive advice and also learn from each other to help us mere little homebrewers out..

and its just not the 2 companies either its some members as well

Those stress cracks occur when you reheat the PET whilst the threaded part stays cooler during the two stage process. The production process is not suitable to make pressure vessels.

Isn't it the same way coke bottles are made?

Spot on, its not even entertaining now between keg king and kegland and some of the people here.

if i was solely trying to rely on these forums to go through kegland or keg king i wouldnt purchase from either store.

i teell you what keg king and kegland both companies should be dam ashamed of themselves

i have only just got back into brewing, and lucky for me i knew exactly what i wanted and where to get it...
but if i was newcomer to home brewing and entered this forum and i seen 2 homebrew shops go head to toe whinging about each other
regardless who is right or who is wrong, it would have turn me off brewing as i would think whats the point of buying gear of homebrew shop as all they do is whinge about eacher other

time to grow up keg king and kegland.
there is room for the both of ya's in corona town

i am sure both can give constructive advice and also learn from each other to help us mere little homebrewers out..

and its just not the 2 companies either its some members as well
Maybe you can explain what Keg King has done to be ashamed of? Expose falsehoods about its products maybe? We should be ashamed of ourselves for showing people how a chinese entity uses our name at www.kegking.cn perhaps? Or how our trademarks are being used by another business without our permission? Go and take a look at the Kegland Q and A thread here and see how their own followers are pointing out fake reviews etc. Sorry but there is no shame for doing the right thing and we are happy to help many a new or experienced brewer to get what they need and we don't need to plagiarise or copy.

Yes but the volume they hold is much smaller so the relative strength is much higher. Also the coke is not fermenting any more because if it was then you would have a really big problem.

The vessel doesn't care whether or not fermentation is occurring, it cares about the pressure. Coke at room temp is like 50 or 60 psi. Well higher than what is being used to ferment under pressure. The relative strength of a smaller vessel might be higher, but wall thickness is not the same between them.

There may be intricacies you left out, but saying that this production method is no good for making pressure vessels is simply untrue.

Maybe you can explain what Keg King has done to be ashamed of? Expose falsehoods about its products maybe? We should be ashamed of ourselves for showing people how a chinese entity uses our name at www.kegking.cn perhaps? Or how our trademarks are being used by another business without our permission? Go and take a look at the Kegland Q and A thread here and see how their own followers are pointing out fake reviews etc. Sorry but there is no shame for doing the right thing and we are happy to help many a new or experienced brewer to get what they need and we don't need to plagiarise or copy.
Think you just summed it up right there as to what keg king should be ashamed off.

Letting you near a computer.

The vessel doesn't care whether or not fermentation is occurring, it cares about the pressure. Coke at room temp is like 50 or 60 psi. Well higher than what is being used to ferment under pressure. The relative strength of a smaller vessel might be higher, but wall thickness is not the same between them.

There may be intricacies you left out, but saying that this production method is no good for making pressure vessels is simply untrue.
OK then amend it to large pressure vessels if we are to split hairs. The relative wall thickness to the contained pressure means its safe for a small vessel like a coke bottle to use a reheated polymer but when you have something 27-55 times bigger it is not unless you make the walls much, much thicker.

Do you really think this is for the forum, to defend your issues with kegland and involving others if someone is using your products under their name or abusing your trademark take through the courts not in in a public forum its not doing you any favours nor does do any favours to kegland

fake reviews people are showing of kegland hasnt really got anything to do with keg king unless you are doing the same.

everyone has a right to defend themselves wether they are right or wrong

Back