Fermzilla

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone got rid of the frame and just stood the FermZilla up in their fermenter fridge on the collection container? I find the stand is to deep for my fridge and wont fit.
I would also love to know this.

There are 2 different types as far as I know, the boffins are in the process of testing them, possibly be the days of the fermenting fridge will be over, no matter what fermenter you have.
Hmmm...ok, could it be the heater coil KL referred to a few pages back?

Has anyone got rid of the frame and just stood the FermZilla up in their fermenter fridge on the collection container? I find the stand is to deep for my fridge and wont fit.
I would also love to know this.

This sounds like an absolutely terrible idea. There's no way that it would be designed or rated to take that much weight on the container...

There are 2 different types as far as I know, the boffins are in the process of testing them, possibly be the days of the fermenting fridge will be over, no matter what fermenter you have.
Hmmm...ok, could it be the heater coil KL referred to a few pages back?

@WEF no, given that user's history of posting, I VERY highly doubt it is anything to do with that. It is almost certainly something to do with something that KK is doing.
Once again claiming to not be affiliated with KK, but then posting about their products that are under development, which are unknown to the rest of the public...

This sounds like an absolutely terrible idea. There's no way that it would be designed or rated to take that much weight on the container...
That is what Keg Land recommend.

The fermenting fridge will be about $500 but it will still be at least a couple months unti lit's released.

without the stand and collection container the FermZilla can fit into a Series 4 and also you can fit the splunding valve and other stuff onto the posts on the lid and you have enough clearance for this.

Ah, didn't realise he wanted to stand it on the bottle best idea is fill it with water and see, would only be up for the cost of a new container. Though if it isn't coming with lifting handles now how can it be lifted?
This is where the Snubbies have the edge, fits into a small fridge even with the stand and spunding valve.

Ah, didn't realise he wanted to stand it on the bottle best idea is fill it with water and see, would only be up for the cost of a new container. Though if it isn't coming with lifting handles now how can it be lifted?
This is where the Snubbies have the edge, fits into a small fridge even with the stand and spunding valve.
Give it a hug. If you're trying to put it in a fridge with low clearance, handles on the top of the unit are going to be useless anyway.

Give it a hug. If you're trying to put it in a fridge with low clearance, handles on the top of the unit are going to be useless anyway.
Either that or fork out another $500 for a FermZilla fridge. Good business strategy.

Why jump to an extreme when someone could just get a larger fridge for $50 second hand and re-use their existing temperature controller?
Worst case, another $50 for an Inkbird.

@WEF no, given that user's history of posting, I VERY highly doubt it is anything to do with that. It is almost certainly something to do with something that KK is doing.
Once again claiming to not be affiliated with KK, but then posting about their products that are under development, which are unknown to the rest of the public...
I got mentioned here months ago.
https://aussiehomebrewer.com/threads/what-can-we-expect-in-2019.99783/
I have as much affiliation to KK as The Beer Baron and WEF has to KL

Fermentation fridge for me is a 400ish litre fridge only Westinghouse, about 150 bucks on gumtree and an old tempmate, will fit 55 fermzilla in there easy

@Reg Holt The user here is asking to stand it on the collection bottle, KL suggest to remove the collection bottle.
Good to know I can at least fit it without the collection bottle. Cheers guys.

I wonder how easy it will be to collect the yeast post fermentation then with the collection bottle. Can't be worse then just scooping a jar into the bottom of my current fermenter.

IMG_3828.JPG

These vessels stand can also be flipped and used without the collection jar. I like to take off the valve handle when doing this to avoid accidentally dumping sweet liquid gold on the ground. You can use the edges of the slightly larger stand as a handle to take it in and out of a fridge. You can also rest the vessel on the collection while full of wort doing this. It is not made of flexible plastic like the body, but instead durable, strong Tritan plastic. Just don’t drop it on hard surfaces or knock the posts off and you’ll be sweet.
IMG_4280.JPG

Seems like a waste of time and defeating the purpose taking off the collection bottle, better off getting a fridge that it can fit in assembled. With the stand upside down isn't achieving anything.
I can also see a couple of dents in the near one.

Back