Fermenting.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhino86

Reaction score
G'day all,

I've never brewed beer before, mostly just chatting with friends about it and researching. Finally it's time.
What a great site, plenty of folks with tips and advice, good knowledge base into the brewing world.

I brought a Morgans brew kit with the Blue Mountain Larger, it's on day six of fermentation. I did take the time to boil and cool the water, as Brisbane / Ipswich water I can taste the difference between tap and boiled / chilled. Ipswich has tiny black spec in the water at the moment so not sure what QUU have done.
I had to swirl the fermenter today, seems the yeast was asleep and SG 1020.

Also I've got a batch of morgans ginger beer from the tin fermenting. Next I want to compare it to some of the recipes I've found on here from scratch, specially the chili versions.

Happy brewing.
Mick.

Welcome. Continue reading and if you get stuck fire away with questions.

Thank you for the welcomes.

SG reading this morning was 1010. Friday arvo or Saturday I estimate I'll be bottling. The taste is much better as time passes, fuller flavor and alcohol is a tad higher.

Happy brewing.

You too.
Finally got to taste the results. Pretty good If i say so. Family members love it too, surprisingly clear, smooth with a good lager taste.
More beer!

Welcome mate.
Let a few bottles sit aside at room temp for a few weeks, then chill and taste the difference. It'll grant you some excellent understanding of the benefits of ageing.

Cheers mtb. Understood. Patience.
Except nothing brewing in the fermenter I haven't learned patience yet... :)

Room temp today would of been 33+ degrees celcius upstairs, it's peaked somewhere 39+ outside as I write. about 28 degrees celcius below.
I've got a alcoholic ginger beer fermenting at the moment, second day, thankfully under the house is cooler. It's nice to hear the bubbling. 5 days to go.

Welcome mate,

You will learn heaps from hear and as you go!

If you have the spare room, keep an eye on Gumtree and the likes, especially after christmas people will start getting rid of that extra fridge :)
Set the fridge up with a temp controller and you have one of the biggest improvements you can ever make to your home brewing!

Cheers
Mick

Latest posts

Back