Fed Square Microbreweries Showcase

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fcmcg

I had lotsa barrels on the old AHB..
Reaction score
G'day fellow brewers...
Anyone from the forum going to the Fed Square Microbreweries Showcase on Wednesday next week ?
It'd be nice to say "hi"and have a beer "!!
Thinking of maybe meeting at Temple Brewing around 6ish ( as Ron used to be a Wesgate brew club member and i'm also meeting some brew club members there)
Let me know what ppl think !
Cheers
Ferg

hey ferg

see you there (i'll be the chap chatting up renatta!)

cheers

christmasbender

If I can nab a free ticket I might go. Went to one a few months ago - some tasty beers (and some awful ones too).

Mate ,
Who is Renata ?
I'll be the bloke with the side burns and the beer will change the world t-shirt !!!
Cheers
Ferg

Cheers bud,

i'll be there as i have cricket training on thursday nights. I'll be the dude either in corporate attire (everyone) or rushed off home to slip into something much more comfortable. (everyone else) ;) Meh i'll just wear a green singha t-shirt! ;)

Cheers!

Cheers bud,

i'll be there as i have cricket training on thursday nights. I'll be the dude either in corporate attire (everyone) or rushed off home to slip into something much more comfortable. (everyone else) ;) Meh i'll just wear a green singha t-shirt! ;)

Cheers!
Fourstar...it'd be grand to put a face to the avatar...and have a beer !
Cheers
Ferg

He actually does look like that :lol:

Anyway i wish i could actually try and make it down for this (but no promises).

It says tix are limited...does anyone know if there are any left?

...what are your plans for a free ticket manticle?

Cheers
Ferg

Print it out mate and look for the bloke whos a mirror image! :lol:

So, who is going tonight? I'll be there from about 5:30 (depending on how long it takes me to leave the office near Melb Central) I'll be (hopefully) the only guy in a Fluru Blue hoodie with red and white zippers and pinstripe work pants!

Dont be shy! Say hello and PROST!

Cheers! :icon_cheers:

Heard a rumor there is going to be something fantastically fantastic at the showcase. Might have to check it out.

Heard a rumor there is going to be something fantastically fantastic at the showcase. Might have to check it out.

OhhhHhhhH interesting! Justy got off the phone with a mate who has just arrvied.

He can't 'see' anything special so far. Then again he a virgin to this caper! ;)

so - was there anything "special" swmbo and I are heading down for today's session in a little while. Red Polo shirt with Thirsty Boy logo on it... I wont remember your name if we have met - complete memory failure when I have been drinking, sorry in advance. But I'd love to have a beer with any AHBers who will be there.

Thirsty

I'm giving up going this year. In the last few years its got more and more crowded and almost impossible to move or get the beers you want let alone talk to the guys. They cram more people in and never extend the space although there is more there for them to do so. That and if you can't use all your coupons they wont let you use two on some beers and get a double serving and you pay for beers you haven't drunk.

so - was there anything "special" swmbo and I are heading down for today's session in a little while.
Thirsty
I didn't notice anything super duper, besides the amount of talent there lastnight! :icon_drool2:
Oh, try Bright Breweries Summer Lager... let us know what you think! :ph34r:

I'm giving up going this year. In the last few years its got more and more crowded and almost impossible to move or get the beers you want let alone talk to the guys. They cram more people in and never extend the space although there is more there for them to do so. That and if you can't use all your coupons they wont let you use two on some beers and get a double serving and you pay for beers you haven't drunk.

It was packed as hell lastnight but they did allow double servings to use them up. Also the $5 food coupon can be redeemed for actual food worth 5 dollars these days. Unlike the 1st few where you had to buy a $30 dollar+ meal at beerdeluxe. :rolleyes:

This is why I only ever go if I am able to get out of work early and can be there from the very start. You need to beat in the crowd if you want to chat with the brewers and or get through a decent amount of your tickets without having to fight your way to the bar. We are generally done. dusted and on the way to China town for nosh by the time it starts to get really feral.

I'm going to peek at it today from 5.30pm onwards, but not going to sweat too much about chatting to all the brewers this time round. Been in previous years when it wasn't so crazy. Have heard they are limiting numbers which is a good thing, but 600 or whatever I heard still sounds like a lot.

What the hell, it's good hot drinking weather folks, should be a good opportunity to wash the dust out of your throat regardless. I'm looking forward to it. If fourstar reckons there was talent about yesterday, even better!

Hopper :icon_cheers:

I'm looking forward to it. If fourstar reckons there was talent about yesterday, even better!

The number of beer drinkers of the better kind seem to be increasing exponentially every time this thing is on. Along with the quality as well! ;)

I'll drink to that! :party:

Hmmm...getting thirsty. Checked with the gal at the desk earlier (I work across the road) and they're not selling tickets till their 4.30pm start - looks like that's now!

Hopper.

Back