Favorite slab for under a pinapple

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vini2ton said:
Pay an extra 7 bucks and coopers sparkling ale comes with 12 very cool and sustainable rock solid refillable beer-bottles. Win win.
And it's almost 6%!

Tastes good too.

Had a few of them tonight..

I am an Old fan, Stubbies cold on ice are remarkably nice in summer

DrSmurto said:
Hop Thief for $40 from Dans.
If you are referring to the $10 for a 6 pack deal, it is limited to 3 six packs per day...for members.

Yenda Pale Ale $49.95 at Dan's for members

All JS six packs for $12 or a case for $45 at BWS with a Woolies docket voucher

Lowenbrau, or Henninger! both generally under $40 and delicious.

NewtownClown said:
If you are referring to the $10 for a 6 pack deal, it is limited to 3 six packs per day...for members.

Yenda Pale Ale $49.95 at Dan's for members

All JS six packs for $12 or a case for $45 at BWS with a Woolies docket voucher
Online, yes. Not in-store or maybe that's just the friendly lads at my local Dans who are happy to let cartons go for $40.

Must be your local. Applies in-store in Alexandria and Wolli Creek, NSW. But then, they are selling quick, Alexandria sold out this morning

Parks said:
The latest hop thief isn't worth $40 a carton.
Agreed, 6 was ok but 7 doesnt do anything for me.

It's like someone stole all the hops :ph34r:

Oettingers for $31 are hard to beat.
It's the clearest indicator of something seriously wrong with the quality and price of the offerings of our mega breweries that they don't/won't produce anything of similar quality for a similar price. The next best option IMHO would be boags premium ($44 currently at Dans!, tho normally $50-52).

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1433493906.981633.jpg

atomic pale or sleeping giant ipa.
If im going camping i usally grab a case of rivet lager from aldi. has anyone else been down this road.

the otherday i was grabing a case for the lads at work. trying to please the common man and not be a "wanker" i tried to purchase some melbourne tinnies. $ 59 FOR A SLAB. i couldnt.... am i missing something?
dont get me wrong ill drink it. just not at that price.

Must live in a friendly Dans area aswell $40 for me to

DrSmurto said:
Online, yes. Not in-store or maybe that's just the friendly lads at my local Dans who are happy to let cartons go for $40.

stm said:
Asahi stubbies are shit. The label has "Fully Imported" all over it, but actually they are brewed under licence in Beijing! Might be allright if they were actually brewed in Japan, but they are not.
Yeah, the brewed in Japan stuff is good at the end hot day. Bugger all flavour but chilled and at 5% ABV it does the job

From Aldi - Sainte Etienne Imported Premium Lager 24 x 330ml $29.99. Brewed in France by one of France's leading breweries. Sainte Etienne is a fully imported, full flavoured premium lager.

I bought a case thinking I could still use the bottles if it was cr@p.

Very pleasantly surprised. Definitely drinkable.

Parks said:
It's like someone stole all the hops :ph34r:
Not the six I had the other night. Very nice, especially when allowed to warm up a bit to around 10 degrees.

Latest posts

Back