Favorite slab for under a pinapple

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
technobabble66 said:
Oettingers for $31 are hard to beat.
It's the clearest indicator of something seriously wrong with the quality and price of the offerings of our mega breweries that they don't/won't produce anything of similar quality for a similar price. The next best option IMHO would be boags premium ($44 currently at Dans!, tho normally $50-52).
Whenever they bring out a new lager it's always got to be crisp, super crisp, ultra crisp etc. In other words like water. I like the cheap Germans because they aren't "crisp" by any means, you can actually taste malt and hops and if anything they are a bit on the sweeter side. Who told the breweries that people want "ultra crisp"? Never asked me.

Whenever they bring out a new lager it's always got to be crisp, super crisp, ultra crisp etc. In other words like water. I like the cheap Germans because they aren't "crisp" by any means, you can actually taste malt and hops and if anything they are a bit on the sweeter side. Who told the breweries that people want "ultra crisp"? Never asked me.[/quote

Once a fortnight I brab 3 bottles of Henninger lager from liquorland @ $ 12:00 always on a Friday night,pull up a seat out front of my shed,kick off my work boots grab a glass fill it sit back and enjoy.
Ahh life's simple pleasures.....

Coopers Green slab is on special for $42 at the moment. Anything Coopers you can't go wrong with in my opinion.

spog said:
Whenever they bring out a new lager it's always got to be crisp, super crisp, ultra crisp etc. In other words like water. I like the cheap Germans because they aren't "crisp" by any means, you can actually taste malt and hops and if anything they are a bit on the sweeter side. Who told the breweries that people want "ultra crisp"? Never asked me.[/quote

Once a fortnight I brab 3 bottles of Henninger lager from liquorland @ $ 12:00 always on a Friday night,pull up a seat out front of my shed,kick off my work boots grab a glass fill it sit back and enjoy.
Ahh life's simple pleasures.....
Henninger for me too. Bought a lot of cases of this from Liquorland a very nice refreshing lager. I prefer it to Oettinger Pils but still buy this from Dan's when passing through.

Bribie G said:
Three tallies I presume :beerbang:
Yep three tallies and what's more they're crown seals,reusable Win win.

so close but so far from $50, dans has little creatures pale ale for $59, little creatures rogers for $53, both great drops, for those who don't have to buy beer, half your luck. Not always possible for everyone, plus i always like to try new beers from my fav breweries and new breweries, i don't think i will ever stop buying beer while people still put new beers out!

I sometimes drink Henninger for sentimental reasons, they used to have a brewery in Greece and I'd get hammered on the stuff in Crete (also Fix and Alpha lagers). Then recover next day with a swim in the Aegean on a nude beach full of Swedish nymphettes.

That's definitely one thing that's lacking in NSW :ph34r:

There is probably a reason why there are no nude Swedish nymphettes near the beaches you go to

Hey spog, Dan2 told me that the Lincoln have upped their range of beers just recently.

I had a quick look the other day when I grabbed some S&W Pacific Ale.......couldn't get it for a "pineapple" tho. :mellow:

Went to Dan's last week in Kelmscott , Perth and they had Creature's Pale Ale for $67. Their current bland, hop-less version aint worth $40 a carton

I'd go with Bitburger for sure. Sure a slab of Otts isn't bad, but I have had the filthiest head aches after a couple of sessions on Otts.

at the moment with Dan's current 'my dans' club special,
a case of Samuel Adams Boston Lager for $40 is a winner ($10/6pack)

SBOB said:
at the moment with Dan's current 'my dans' club special,
a case of Samuel Adams Boston Lager for $40 is a winner ($10/6pack)
Or the Becks at $34.00

Coopers pale ale is definitely a winner for me for less than a pineapple. Regularly have a 6 pack or two of nail Brewing oatmeal stout too. Cracker of a beer

Oettinger bottles for $30, great tasting beer and good to take camping, and it's German at least so that's a start!

Latest posts

Back