Fathers Day - Whats On...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wakkatoo

The Sneaky Monk
Reaction score
A big brew day planned for me. Have a saison I'm gonna have my first crack at making and have the B.A.R september swap beer to bottle inpreparation of next week. Will split these two tasks with a pub lunch with the family.

Have a great fathers day fellas!

greasy breaky cooked by the kids, then i'm doing a little service on the camper trailer in preperation for next weeks bush trip and then down to the beach for a barby in the arvo

enjoy dad's day fellas :icon_chickcheers:

Go to 1stchoice and see what there got, out for lunch,home and have a few H/Brew's.. :party:

Probably head to the kart rack tomorrow with the kids, so Sunday will probably involve a brekky knocked up by the aforementioned followed by a session of kart cleaning and servicing. Because I'm one of the lucky one's who still has him at nearly 40 years of age, that'll be followed with a barby lunch with my old man and a few beers in the arvo.

To all the Dad's that'll only get an hour or two with your kids or not see them at all this weekend, for whatever reason or another, keep your chins up and look forward to the good times to come. And to those who have lost their Dad, I'll raise a glass in their honour on Sunday.

Taking my dad and the father in law to experience the Mornington Peninsula Brewery for the first time! :icon_cheers:

sunday will involve a cooked brekky around at the oldies, a few hours fishing around the bay islands, and then a sunday roast at the in-laws coupled by a few bevvies..... :icon_cheers:

Hope everyone has a good fathers day!

Fathers day will be pick up some pigs to fatten then BBQ with some mates... MMMM home grown pork

Chris

will have the eldest son and grand-son around, enjoying a few brews and watching the son do his first 3v brew after years of biab. and watch the tiges onthe giggle box.

Sleep in hopefully, followed by a cooked brecky and I'm trying to convince the missus to drive me out to SlowBeer to get my growler filled

Im planting strawberries with the kids, then building something to keep the friggen birds off them

my Dad shuffled off quite some time ago, but I often think how good it would be to make a beer for him
ale malt, bit of wheat, POR at 60min us05, thats him

Sleep in hopefully, followed by a cooked brecky and I'm trying to convince the missus to drive me out to SlowBeer to get my growler filled
I'm hoping for something that involves similar words to those above but in slightly different order.

Cheers
Chris

Up at 5am and go to work, where I'll get a nice roast lunch and hopefully not do too much. Home by 4 for a nice roast dinner with my family, and beers. Will have a few beers for myself, a few for my dad, and a few for my stepdad, both of whom enjoyed a couple when they were alive.

taking the old man to breakfast.... more importantly kegging my next batch

Fathers day will be pick up some pigs to fatten then BBQ with some mates... MMMM home grown pork

Chris
Gotta work fathers day. How about dropping some bbq off at Port Latta for me Chris

Sleep until midday after working 12h night shift then an arvo family get together where i try to justify a 20L braumeister to non brewers.

Make own breakfast.
Put leg of lamb on the Weber and fire it up at about 8:00am, set at 130C, to cook for 5 hours.
Go to church.
Get a phone call from daughter and son. I know they've transferred some funds into our account, so I can spend some cash at MHB's later this month when we're in Newcastle.
Have father-in-law rock up for lunch (he's 89, mother-in-law is gaga in nursing home), have sister-in-law and husband rock up.
Extract well aged red from cellar, so I don't have to drink cheap wine the visitors bring.
Offer visitors a beer, which they'll all decline. They're not great drinkers.
About 1:00 pm, sit down for lunch.
Once visitors go, probably watch a DVD.

Unfortunately, my dad died about 10 years ago.

Get SWMBO or No 1 Daughter to drop me at The Wheaty :icon_drool2: and forget about me for a few hours. :icon_drunk:

Back