Fathers Day 2014

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QldKev

Brew Dude
Reaction score
What did you get for Fathers Day

My birthday was a week ago, then fathers day today. Not beer but still alcohol.

spirits_zpsb32cb7c0.jpg

Yes I have sampled some over the week since my birthday :chug:

Not grog, but I got a bottle tree reverse Fathers-in-law Day gift. He gave up brewing K&K a few years back, and been happy to sample our AG wares.
Just in time to bottle this week.

Banjo gave me a coffee machine, the little possum.

CapnK said:
Not grog, but I got a bottle tree reverse Fathers-in-law Day gift. He gave up brewing K&K a few years back, and been happy to sample our AG wares.
Just in time to bottle this week.
Cheap *******!

I know the father in law in question was sampling a dogfish head 90min IPA a few weeks ago. This would have been a better gift.......ha

.....particularly because I know that CapnK has welcomed his newest brew assistant into the world this week.

Happy fathers day captain! I'll come help you bottle when I've sobered up from my coopers and Chinese food binge.

Getting to put a brew down and a visit to prancing pony brewery in mt barker. Daughter gave me a puzzle and card she made at school, otherwise it's been a cats piss sort of a day.
Should be a monster row when the kids are all asleep

got a nice 'restaurant breakfast' prepared by the girls this morning and some very pretty home/kindy made arty crafty things.
also an invitation by my eldest to go camping in the backyard tonight which has now been postponed due to the rain.
went to Tippler's tap and on the way back my lovely fiance suggested to stop by at Cru Bar for a few goodies.

IMG_20140907_200259.jpg

also got a couple of gym shorts, one was one of those fancy once with inbuild knickers...

Batz said:
Banjo gave me a coffee machine, the little possum.
What sort of machine you get Batz?

Also doubled up here as birthday was Thursday, got choccies, discoount voucher for a session at Brews Bros., $50 bucks to spoend at Craft Brewers, choccies, and hankies (it's hay fever season).

I got to BREW!!! First in a while seemed to go well, wrestling with the idea of starting an old tube of WLP011 that's a couple of months out, normally I just make sure they are fresh and dump them straight in. (I know, not best practice.) That'll be a challenge for tomorrow.
The better half and kids made me an awesome lunch and a cake too. Great day.
As for gym shorts with built in grundies, not a fan.

I hear ya Bridges, pulled a brew out of the blue last night, packed up and hit the sack by 2:30am then got taken to Yum Cha today...

Feckin love Yum Cha, has to be the most efficient way to have a meal out ever :icon_drool2:

Love yum cha. Bring on the dumprings... We have an on going challenge at work "The Dumpring challenge" current title holder ate 64 dumprings in one meal. Smashing the old mark of 55. I'm only good for around 30 but do love em.

one of my children bought me a darrell lea dad's cooler bag.i thought it was rather special.

Bucket of peanut M&M's, 4 stubbie coolers with various 'man cave' slogans........don't drink from stubbies very often, family don't feckin notice......
$4 on a scatchie......
then off to work.
Not a a slither of beer has passed my lips, haven't even been in the man cave...........bring on Thursday.

QldKev said:

spirits_zpsb32cb7c0.jpg

nice selection apart from the jonny. cant stand it.
didnt get anything alcoholic but did get to visit leura cellars so picked up 6 beers

QldKev said:

spirits_zpsb32cb7c0.jpg

Not beer but um... Pretty ******* good score.

Not a father so all I got was the opportunity to play in my team's futsal grand final. Made a good end to my weekend, despite a 3-2 loss.

DU99 said:
one of my children bought me a darrell lea dad's cooler bag.i thought it was rather special.
I got one of those as well, rocky roads my fav.
Tee shirts , shorts, slippers etc , got taken to see Bob Dylan live and Tues off to Mash brewery for lunch, I get spoiled but then again I am a great Dad ;)
Nearly forgot a nice selection of ciders too !

Well I scored a pump from the boys at fullpint, a shitload of generic chinese crap from the school fathers day store, a multitude of "I love you Dad" cards from the girls (awesome!!), a trip to the Melbourne Zoo (fathers day nearly very cancelled because of it's fucked out parking arrangements), and a brew day and some beers this afternoon.

Pretty well chuffed.

Score

Probably imbibed a little too much of the Highland Park, burst it's been one of those days

image.jpg

Had a great Fathers Day at my sons house helping to celebrate my grandsons 10th birthday as well as my wifes birthday for Saturday.

Watching the footy was a bonus but very enjoyable.image.jpg

Yob said:
I hear ya Bridges, pulled a brew out of the blue last night, packed up and hit the sack by 2:30am then got taken to Yum Cha today...

Feckin love Yum Cha, has to be the most efficient way to have a meal out ever :icon_drool2:
Where did you go Yob? Always looking for a new highly recomended Yum Cha venue.

Latest posts

Back