Fathers Day 2014

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
barls said:
nice selection apart from the jonny. cant stand it.
didnt get anything alcoholic but did get to visit leura cellars so picked up 6 beers

manticle said:
Not beer but um... Pretty ******* good score.

Not a father so all I got was the opportunity to play in my team's futsal grand final. Made a good end to my weekend, despite a 3-2 loss.
A couple of bottles floating around the $100 mark is always an eye opener. The Ardbeg is my favorite drink of all the scotches. The Johney red is only there for a comparison how crap a cheap scotch is.

Blind Dog said:
Score

Probably imbibed a little too much of the Highland Park, burst it's been one of those days
I only dream of owning a Lephroaig PX cask, and you have 2 of them :p

QldKev said:
I only dream of owning a Lephroaig PX cask, and you have 2 of them :p
SWMBO's boss got the PX and highland park from a client at the close of a deal. He hates whisky, so handed them over. She felt guilty about handing over free whisky as a gift so added the other 2 bottles. Reckon I must have been a saint in a previous life to score a wife like her

Had a brilliant Fathers Day. Spent the weekend down at Wilson's Prom with my kids, partner and my Mum and Dad. The weather was absolutely spot on and we all had a great time. Got some great handmade cards from the boys and tickets to see Les Mis. And to top it off, I got some randomly bought crud from the Fathers Day Stall at their school. (The people that produce that shit should be shot), but I love it all the same and will take pride of place on my desk!

QldKev said:
What did you get for Fathers Day
Crafts my kids made at pre-school. Apparently I'm the worlds greatest dad. Be putting those aside for their teen years..

Same stuff I normally get from my wife. Just earlier in the day and followed by 'happy fathers day'. Cant complain.

Truman said:
Where did you go Yob? Always looking for a new highly recomended Yum Cha venue.
Hey Truman, Have a go at Plume just down from Westfield Doncaster. Some great, great food and a bit more esoteric selection than the run of the mill places. Probably a bit more expensive too. Reservations recommended. VERY busy, and yes.

Oh, yeah, and I got an IOU on a full day to myself to get my brewery back in order and build my workbench. Sooooo looking forward to it :super: :super: :super: I've skadged together a place to brew since we moved, but it's high time to get things properly sorted.

Very true Mardoo. My favorite between quality and price in the area is TaiPan on Blackburn Road in Donvale. Been there countless times.

dicko said:
Had a great Fathers Day at my sons house helping to celebrate my grandsons 10th birthday as well as my wifes birthday for Saturday.

Watching the footy was a bonus but very enjoyable. image.jpg
Took dad to this game, not the result we were after, 1 hr out from Melbourne now... Still has been a good weekend, road trip with dad and my lil brother.

Tahoose said:
Took dad to this game, not the result we were after, 1 hr out from Melbourne now... Still has been a good weekend, road trip with dad and my lil brother.
I hear you brother, what a disappointment.

Son bought me a 6 pack of assorted brews from Red Duck, here in Ballarat.
Daughter got me some Ferrer Rocher chocolates and a gift voucher.
Went out for breakfast. Took the dog for a walk in the bush while drinking a long neck of my AIPA.
Was a good day except for the footy.

Tahoose said:
billygoat said:
I hear you brother, what a disappointment.

Son bought me a 6 pack of assorted brews from Red Duck, here in Ballarat.
Daughter got me some Ferrer Rocher chocolates and a gift voucher.
Went out for breakfast. Took the dog for a walk in the bush while drinking a long neck of my AIPA.
Was a good day except for the footy.
I know how you guys feel.....we went through it for years, the Geelong grand final is still indelible in my thoughts :huh: -_- :ph34r:

Back