Excessive lag times - low krausen

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zeggie

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been lazy/time-poor with my brewing recently and had 3 months off. Gotten back into it, despite not having a whole lot of spare time still, and have mostly been brewing simple pale ales and IPA's the last 4 brews (40l urn BIAB). US05 for 3 of the batches and BRY97 for one.

Now normally I get action happening within 12-24 hours and a decent krausen after 48. However all of these 4 brews I've noticed lag times of 3 days and krausen only ever a few cm high.
Beer tastes fine....none of my processes have changed. Never had this happen before, before my "hiatus". Ferment in a fridge set to 18c. Rehydrated in the correct manner (and same manner I've done the last 2 years)

Any ideas why my lag and krausen could have changed that I'm not thinking of?

Have you calibrated the fridge temp controller, might be running lower than its reading?

Expiry is mid next year, might of had them in the fridge about 3-6 months.

Temp in the fridge is fine, definitely 18c. Maybe should do my next batch at 20c to see?

Had the same issue with some us-05 ATM, there is a thread on here about it being inconsistent ATM

Latest posts

Back