EU Referendum!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And David Cameron resigns. Sadly, that won't change anything for 99.99% of the population.

**** me. Did Boris Johnston just crawl out of the woods?
Looks like worzel gummidge had a shave.

Haven't really been following this but considering EU is probably part of the NWO/illuminati/satanic conspiracy, it's probably better in the end for those who want to avoid child sacrifice and the transgenderaganda.

So many political figures lately leave nothing to the caricaturist's imagination.

Bribie G said:
There's a lot more to it than xenophobia and Australia has a lot to learn (but won't, will just keep on reinventing the wheel as usual)
Australia is extremely good at not learning from other countries mistakes.

The majority of Australians still can't signal properly at a roundabout.

Roundabouts are a function of a wider Neo colonial plot to reduce motorists to robot sheep, moving perpetually in a self annihilating, circular direction like ourobouros so our abberant signalling is simply a small spanner in the works of the military industrial complex in a vaguely futile effort to retain some independence from our demonic reptilian masters.

Roundabouts are simple. Indicaye your intended direction when entering or exiting and give way to anyone already on the roundabout that may hit you.

Only time I've been hit by a car (on push bike) was when I was well inside a roundabout. Mildly scary experience when you look at the vehicle and realise there's nothing you can do to avoid it. Fortunately some superficial cuts and a fucked bike (and me now being super cautious) are all that ensued.

I may need to warn myself for OT pretty soon.
Apologies.

bradsbrew said:
Roundabouts are simple. Indicaye your intended direction when entering or exiting and give way to anyone already on the roundabout that may hit you.
Or that you might hit.

A very common misconception is that if you are barreling up to a roundabout at 95 kmh in your ute then everyone must realise that you are shortly about to enter the roundabout so watch out fokkers here you come.

However if I suddenly enter the roundabout from your left before you actually get there, I have the right of way because I am already on the roundabout.

In other words giving way to traffic on your right is a total fiction and doesn't exist in the road rules.

Also when travelling straight ahead it's not necessary to signal left because your car is wiggling to the left, then right because your car is wiggling to the right, then go straight ahead.

This signalling sequence is usually performed by bowls ladies.

Now back on topic, I guess the Brexit puts an end to any chance of England adopting kilometres on their road signs. I bet Scotland will be right onto that when they become independent, as the Republic of Ireland already has done.

Will this mean a return of the imperial pint measure for beer in UK pubs?
(and given the possible consequences of the Brexit, maybe that should be 'English pubs')

As an escaped UK citizen, I have naturally been asked questions on this subject by everyone under the sun in the last 48 hours.

The only thing I can compare this to is when I have been out on a lads curry night and when the waiter (call him referendum) turns up to take the order, there is ALWAYS at least 3 pissed blokes (call it a majority) who decide they are going 'to have the 'ottest curry you can do'. Despite the warnings from around the table and the kitchen staff, they all go for the stupidly hot curry - and they normally don't even know why.

They then sit there gloating about their choice while everyone else orders something a little more sensible. The curries then arrive, and they all take a few bites and slowly realise that they have made a serious mistake. But rather than admit it's a mistake they all continue to munch through their tears and sweat, all pretending they love it - when we all know they would probably choose something else if they could go back in time - and of course we all know what happens to your brexit hole after a really hot curry. i.e. it doesn't get any better in the short-term. :blink:

Of course the laughable irony about this whole shamozzle, is that all the Leave voters who wanted to 'get control back' are about to have their next Prime Minister chosen for them by a group consisting of 0.25% of the UK population. This 0.25% consisting mostly of elitist, money-driven, intolerant people who believe they have a god-given right to rule. The same people that gave us Thatcher.

Things are not going to get better.

So glad this pommie is now an Australian.

I thought thatcher was a nice, young, well respected, smartly attractive woman of the people?
Everyone seems to want to be so mean to her.
She did (indirectly) give us test dept. so she can't have been all bad.

And I love a good, really hot curry (aftermath less so but the more you eat, the less likely you'll experience one).
In the words of my local curry merchant: 'double suicide hot'.

It would be interesting to see if we belonged to an Asian Union and found our rights to govern, our laws being eroded, open borders which way would we vote if push came to shove. I know what I would be voting for and I would put money on what the Germans would do if they had a referendum as GB has which way they would go. Rous Jetzt.

DU99 said:
Where the Queen fit in all this..
nooooooooooooooooo-3qe59y.jpg

Pretty sure I know which way you would vote as well.
Remember EU was not imposed - they elected to be part of it. Ireland, scotland or most bits of the historical british empire/commonwealth) possibly didn't elect to be part of britain.

DU99 said:
Where the Queen fit in all this..
The Queen was neutral on the whole thing.

It was not her place to have a view, so she didnt.

As far as her duties to the the people of the UK are concerned, she is there to qualify the wishes of the people and make sure it is is done legally. Bit like our Governor General. Essentially a place of last resort for procedures and stuff

Well now at least the Poms won't have to put up with people with totally unnecessarily silly names.

Witold Waszczykowski.jpg

Witold Waszczykowski

God bless his little heart and arsehole.

Latest posts

Back