Erlenmeyer flasks

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My order has arrived. Yet to open it, as we have a policy that external mail is opened in an enclosed room (government policy - Public service agency) due to possible contamination (Anthrax, other white powders etc).

We already had one scare here and the office was closed for 3 hours while the Fire Brigade did the Hazchem things and several people were hosed out (maybe hosed down)

ordered 500ml, 1 L and 2 L.

Next I just need a stir plate.

dave doran said:
ordered 500ml, 1 L and 2 L.

Next I just need a stir plate.
+1 Dave. My order was a 500, 1L and 2 X 2L. Stirplate is on my birthday/ wishlist.

Edit: Box size was 300 X 320 X 500 mm

Hey Dave good to meet you yesterday happy brewing.
My two 2 Lt flasks came on Friday.
Very happy with them. I got the incorrect stirbar tho (my fault) wanted a larger one got one 1/2 the size I was expecting. But it should work great in a longneck bottle lol.

This link was a great find so thanks Matteus.
Already hard at work. DSC_0092.JPG

Yep that's the device I got. Dave. Hard to fault it. Btw get two stirbars lol you will need them.

Scooby Tha Newbie said:
Yep that's the device I got. Dave. Hard to fault it. Btw get two stirbars lol you will need them.
Now comes with 2 stir-bars. From the web page linked above:

[SIZE=small]Package Contents:[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=small]1 x Digital Stir Plate[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=small]2 x 30mm PTFE Coated, AlNiCo Magnetic Stirbars[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=small]1 x Australian or American 12v Power Adapter[/SIZE]

It's pretty but I made mine with a computer fan (reclaimed from a stuffed PC), a computer fan speed controller (about 4 bucks on ebay), 2 magnets, a tupperware box and a power supply from a crappy old ozito drill. Admittedly it doesn't do much to impress the ladies but for a total cost of about $10 you could use the rest of your cash to buy a sack of grain.

+1 for digital homebrew v3

I costed up buying all the bits for a DIY and it came to about $35-40 if you had to buy everything, not including the stir bars!!! So for once in my life I went the easy route and bought a ready-made kit, very happy with that decision!

DJ_L3ThAL said:
+1 for digital homebrew v3

I costed up buying all the bits for a DIY and it came to about $35-40 if you had to buy everything, not including the stir bars!!! So for once in my life I went the easy route and bought a ready-made kit, very happy with that decision!
best piece of kit in the my bakery .

Stir bars seem to be the most expensive part for me, mainly because I keep forgetting about them and tipping them down the sink when I'm cleaning my flasks. Think I'm on number 4 now.

ro55c0 said:
Stir bars seem to be the most expensive part for me, mainly because I keep forgetting about them and tipping them down the sink when I'm cleaning my flasks. Think I'm on number 4 now.
sink strainer? Very cheap. I can prob give you one, if interested?

Mate not sure if you tried already,but look in the S bend of your sink. I've fished mine out twice. Once was after a week.

Got them, just dont always remember to put them in. It wouldn't be brewing if I didn't stuff up half the time ;)

Yeah thanks Scooby, checked that, no joy. It's a good excuse to go to the homebrew shop anyway.

Les the Weizguy said:
Got a phone call from the helpdesk on Thursday arvo, stating that my order has been dispatched and will arrive Friday or Monday and the incorrect items will be collected at that time.

Obviously didn't happen on Friday.

I may have photos tomorrow..
Couple of reasonable phone cam pics - to show the vessels, packaging and lip thickness/ top view

Flask 1 Simax.jpgFlask 2 top view.jpg

Some of the packing newspapers were from 1990. 19-freaking -90!

good articles?

1990 the year we went ballistic in Ireland cause we reached the 1/4 finals of the world cup. Then Toto Scillaci came along and broke our hearts.

We're moving house, and we're using all old newspapers etc we can to do our packing.

Came across the Times from 1999 kept as a memento of mrs warra's and my trip to UK and Netherlands at that time.

Wow, that was a lot of fun, me 3 weeks after major wrist reconstruction surgery, still in a cast.

How did I do the wrist damage? On the golf course on the 1st tee. Slipped and fell down a wet slope. Meanwhile, bone graft, plate, and 11 screws later, it was back together.

Latest posts

Back