Enough Of The Fricken "old Spice Guy" Allready

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oatlands Brewer

Reaction score
I dont know about you guys but im getting REAL sick of the "Old Spice" viral advert...even my wife is being abused on Facebook because of it.

Appologies to any Old Spice wearers here.....if there is any

Other than seeing it on the Gruen transfer I've not seen it.
I have to admit I found it amusing but I havent seen it being passed around in a viral fashion.

Old Spice? I thought all the users were dead by now, or at least really ancient Readers Digest subscribers.

Ad in question :

It has won 2010 ad of the year

Its apparently done wonders for the brand thats always been viewed as a product used by 40+ white american males. Where as this ad makes it appealing and even "sexy" and wipes out the "white" image of the brand.
The gruen transfer show (Season 3 Episode 4 - 07/07/2010) can be downloaded here : http://www.abc.net.au/tv/gruentransfer/download.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
It was pretty whatever until "I'm on a horse."

Its everywhere on Stuff like face book/twitter.

Who wants to smell like a 60 year old serial killer/paedophile anyway

Me, if they smell nice.

The only bit CGI is his hand when the diamonds are flowing through and the bottle of old spice comes up. Other than that its all real shot over 3 days.
Pretty impressive really!

yup Swine flu made a lot of money for a lot of people and that's viral. :)

It's infesting reddit as well..... AHB and Reddit constitute 90% of the interwebz for me.

I dont know about you guys but im getting REAL sick of the "Old Spice" viral advert...even my wife is being abused on Facebook because of it.

Appologies to any Old Spice wearers here.....if there is any

Wow, that's pretty funny. Until today, I had never heard of Old Spice. I found a link this morning to an 'ad' (or was it?) with him proposing on behalf of some twitter person to some other twitter person. I just thought it was odd.

Now I've seen the youtube ad linked by Komodo. It was relatively amusing. Maybe I don't get out enough.

This is first I've heard of it. That's a pretty funny ad. :lol:

Old Spice is what you always got at Christmas when the gift giver was unimaginative.

Back