Ecu Short Brewing Course

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm seriously hoping they run this course again, my money will the the first in their bank, if i'm allowed in lol what are the entry requirements for this course

i'm seriously hoping they run this course again, my money will the the first in their bank, if i'm allowed in lol what are the entry requirements for this course
Enthusiasm. Oh, reading and writing and drinking help :)

Enthusiasm. Oh, reading and writing and drinking help :)

oh well i got them covered, i hadn't read a single book since high school maybe managed a chapter or 2 now i have about 6-7 books on brewing, yeast and brewing science and ive read most of them twice, i think a hobby has turned into an obsession

To those who are attending, How's the coarse progressing?

So pissed I'm not there with you.

Drew

I concur with what the other guys have said. It's all very informative and in depth (but not in a way that goes over our heads), the first few days have been cramming in a lot of info. I think over the next few days, we'll break up into other groups, as the guys that want to take the IBD exam will obviously need to learn other things as opposed to the industry 'noobs' (like myself) and the home brewers. Maybe not though...

All and all a good course. Worth it if you can afford it and can take the time off work. Plus hitting the draught beers afterwards makes it pretty good too. $1500 bucks? You bet i'm hitting that 7% dubbel as hard as possible :icon_drunk: My "flavour training" went for 4 hours on Monday night :beerbang:

I was in a conundrum in regards to this course..... Do the course or buy my first house..... Unfortunately I chose the house haha. I was annoyed because last time it was on something came up and I couldn't do it! There is always next time. I hope everyone doing the course get a lot of info from it, (that is on the basis that you share all the good info with me).

Hi all,

Some pictures from today.

DSC_0246.jpg

DSC_0249.jpg

DSC_0251.jpg

DSC_0252.jpg

DSC_0256.jpg

Thanks for the pics Patrick, keep them comming. :icon_cheers:

Thanks for the pics Patrick, keep them comming. :icon_cheers:
Not much to add. A pic of the panel, by request, and a pic of the lads at LC. Thanks for a great week boys, good brewing luck to all.

DSC_0261.jpg

DSC_0262.jpg

Not much to add. A pic of the panel, by request, and a pic of the lads at LC. Thanks for a great week boys, good brewing luck to all.
Pat great pic, would have been good if we had got one of the waitresses to take the pic because I notice your not in it! Great to meet you mate pm me your email for the info I have to and you.

Was the class just the one table, approx 20 people, or the whole room? I have informed SWMBO I will not be missing the opportunity should it arise next year. For those that missed out this time, see you next time :beerbang:

Drew

Pat great pic, would have been good if we had got one of the waitresses to take the pic because I notice your not in it! Great to meet you mate pm me your email for the info I have to and you.
Hi there,

Hugh took a pic with me in it. Was a great course, really enjoyed talking about brewing for 5 days. PM on the way.

cheers

Patrick.

Some feedback on this course for those who asked.

A very good course with a lot of information. So much is crammed in to the 5 days that I found once we hit a particular topic that was too much (eg effluent) my brain just went to sleep (i like peanuts! :D )The course is obviously worked around people wanting to take the IBD general certificate exam and/or others wanting to get a taste for the Diploma. However, everyone got a lot from this course. The guys working for the breweries got a taste of what the exams would be like, those new to the industry got a crash course in it, those looking to start their own microbrewies got a much better idea of what it's about and those just wanting to learn more about brewing will definitely be making better beers.

Hugh definitely knows his shit and it was a pleasure learning from him for 5 days. I can recommend this course to anyone that has a reason for doing it.

As for the AHB lads, it was a pleasure meeting you all! Hope to try some (or many) of your brews in the future :chug:

Dave

Well put, good to meet you and the other lads as well.

Hugh was pretty funny eh. Got back to work today and kept wishing I was back in the classroom. Mate I learnt heaps, but your right effluent bored the shit out of me. Still it made me think of the work required to set up a micro.

Btw I spoke to John the day we put on his pale ale,not nail ale John but the other bloke who ran the brewery on the Thursday, and he reckoned we could get hold of a bottle. I might drop Hugh a line and see if possible.

One other thing is there some sort of master class happening at ecu this week?

Back