Ecu Short Brewing Course

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amiddler

Reaction score
For those who don't know and may be interested ECU in Perth WA are holding another Short Brewing Coarse this year.

Linky.

Joondalup Campus
270 Joondalup Drive
Degrees Brewery, Building 9
Joondalup WA 6027

When:
Monday, 27 June to Friday, 1 July 2011
9.00am to 5.00pm each day.

Course fee:
$1,500
All course materials are provided. Morning and afternoon tea, lunch and refreshments are supplied each day.

Awesome, I was hoping they would do this again. I got some time to save aswell....

Refreshments, I know what that will be :icon_drunk:
This will be a top course run by top people from the industry.

GB

I like the way they put it in the brochure. Days 1 and 2 will finish with "Flavour Training". Fancy way of saying lets have a beer.

Awesome, I was hoping they would do this again. I got some time to save aswell....

Just have to convince the misses that the course is value for money. I can see the day devoted to yeast and fermentation being valuable for the home brewer.

Drew

I signed up the other day. I wasn't sure how popular it would be and I wanted to make sure I secured a place. Looking forward to it.

I like the way they put it in the brochure. Days 1 and 2 will finish with "Flavour Training". Fancy way of saying lets have a beer.

I'm not sure if I'm the only one like this, But I find judging, or trying to do serious sensory analysis quite tough and not particularly enjoyable in the same way as just 'having a beer'.....

I suspect the "flavour training" may also include some doctored beers, so might not be as delicious and refreshing as it sounds....

Just noticed the title of this thread. Should we be prepared for strong language?

Just noticed the title of this thread. Should we be prepared for strong language?

Yeh I noticed that a second after I posted the topic. In my defence it was 2:00am and I had been at work for 8 hours. Not the best time to be posting but I had just got news to hand about the course, Thanks Nev.

Drew

Does anyone know how in-depth this course is?

I had a look and thought it was attractive, but I am after a benchmark for the level it is pitched at.

Does anyone know how in-depth this course is?

I had a look and thought it was attractive, but I am after a benchmark for the level it is pitched at.
The course notes say:

"The course has been designed for brewers wishing to prepare for the IBD General Certificate Examinations, professional brewers wishing to refresh or extend their knowledge of brewing science and processes or those considering entering the brewing industry. A basic knowledge of the brewing process is assumed."

A basic understanding of the Science of brewing and Chemistry will make this course a lot easier. But dont be discouraged if you dont as I am sure plenty of written materials will be handed out. After this course you are going to be a much better brewer. ;)
GB

Pity it isnt offered on a part time, evening basis. I would do it purely for the fun of it.

Whats the story with the GCB exam, is there one being sheduled following this or is it a case of there will be one coming up eventually, anyone here know?
It would be best you would think to have it reasonbly soon after this rather then wait months and many pints later to actually sit it.
Is there cheap back packers, rooms or some such nearby?

Whats the story with the GCB exam, is there one being sheduled following this or is it a case of there will be one coming up eventually, anyone here know?
It would be best you would think to have it reasonbly soon after this rather then wait months and many pints later to actually sit it.
Is there cheap back packers, rooms or some such nearby?

You can stay at my place for the week for $1500 :p

A bargin even at twice the price I am sure :unsure:

Seriously though, I asked my housemates if they would mind having someone over for the week and they weren't keen. There isn't much in the form of accomodation in Joondalup where the course is being held, however its right next to the trainline so its an easy train ride in from the city in the morning.

There's a back packers in the city right near the station, with a few more scattered around. Trains to Joondalup are very frequent and you'll be heading in the opposite direction to the general populous during peak.

+1 for staying at one of the many cheap backpackers in the city and hoping the train up. Plus its a good train line unlike the other way.

Latest posts

Back