Ebay Items

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Linz said:
why would you pull it apart ?? you could use a chest freezer. What about putting a shelf on the front of the fridge and mount it to the shelf???
Howdy,
I tried to post this earlier. Sorry if it appears twice!
You could also mount it on the back of a chest freezer. No drilling required. Simply attach to the lid screws.
BTW Warren. The other tap does look like one of mine. I suspect it has changed hands a few times!

side_view_freezer.jpg

Darren said:
Linz said:
why would you pull it apart ?? you could use a chest freezer. What about putting a shelf on the front of the fridge and mount it to the shelf???
Howdy,
I tried to post this earlier. Sorry if it appears twice!
You could also mount it on the back of a chest freezer. No drilling required. Simply attach to the lid screws.
BTW Warren. The other tap does look like one of mine. I suspect it has changed hands a few times!
One day I will buy a digital camera.
Here is a scan of the set-up. Again the advantage is NO drilling.
cheers
Darren

Tap3d.jpg

If you are using a chest freezer, it is easy to drill thru the lid. What I was driving at was mounting a shelf on the front of a standard fridge door and mount a font, like yours, on the shelf, rather than using the taps and getting the door mounts for the taps.

Here's an aluminum keg setup with gun that uses CO2 bulbs.
It's pickup from Sydney though... Aluminium Keg

whats the down side of Aluminium kegs???? if its the IQ thing....maybe it the beer intake and not the aluminium

Aluminium kegs are probably fine. The major downside I would think would be that you can't use caustic solutions to clean the inside of them

RIMS setup
Pickup in Sydney only.
Looks like a fair bit of good stuff.

Like the look of the pump.
Can't justify buying the rest of the stuff to get the pump though.

But there is someone else leaving the hobby and selling their stuff here. I wonder what the new hobby is ?

Beers,
Doc

Three kegs on an auction ending today.
Currently no bids.
Linky link

Doc

Doc,

They look like they're in good nick. Do you think that they would be ok?

I have been thinking about getting three kegs from Darren in SA, same price. Worried about freight charge. I would probably need to replace o-rings etc on the ebay ones?????? Not too sure, just trying to get keg setup happening.

Cheers,
Jase

They look in good nick as they have been used by a brewer. I'd say a quick pull apart and once over and they would be ready for action with piece of mind.
If I hadn't just bought another keg and lot of ingredients I would have bought them myself.
Retail would be $210 for the three if you were to buy them direct from Craig Decon. More if from a retail shop.

Doc

Doc said:
They look in good nick as they have been used by a brewer. I'd say a quick pull apart and once over and they would be ready for action with piece of mind.

Doc

Where do you get the replacement parts for the quick once over?????

Jase

I was refering to just a pull apart and clean.
If you wanted to replace the o-rings, poppets etc, then you can get a recon kit from Craig Decon @ Keg Systems in Sydney.

Beers,
Doc

I took your advice, Doc........ and am now the proud owner of three kegs..... I can't wait to start kegging....... Will be using this forum for advice on how to keg.

Cheers,
Jase

Jase

Welcome to the wonderful world of kegging B)

That is a great score Jase @ $60 per keg.
Welcome to the wonderful world of not washing bottles and beer on tap.

Doc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back