Ebay Items

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
might thought I'd mention to for those in SA, that i've found a place in SA that does old wine and port barrels, $100 for a 200 litre quarter cask. Thats alot of grog, so those who might be interested in wood maturing heres the following:

Rod Schulz Barrel Company
37a Murray St Tanunda SA 5352
ph: (08) 8563 0177 Coopers
mobile 041 781 6537

I spoke to Rod this morning, and he has 39 years experience, and seems to know what he is talking about, which is too rare now days :D

ARHHHHHHH!!!! WHY!!!! WHY WHY!!!!!! why did this have to come up after i just spent about $600 just starting to put my kegging system together!!!!!!!

Everything you need, and its in melb.

Damn it!!!!!!!

what i should explian what im talking about: Ebay

someone should pick that up hopefully at a nice price

wow.
I hope he is not selling becuase he is getting married :(
But more because he has started his own brewery :p

Doc

kman

that would be an awesomew buy! Everything you would ever need. (Well a good start anyway ;) )
Only wish there was something like that going when I started up :angry:
I could never give up all that - unless, as Doc suggested, a full brewery upgrade was on the cards

Hoops

Ya have to wonder wye a guy would sell a setup like that. :blink:

the link has been posted before on this thread (i think) but the price has dropped a couple dollars since then. although the oz dollar has dropped a few cents as well.

works out around $130 bucks for 3 kegs including postage. Not sure if any tax will be applied to it though???

from memory i think if import goods are under $250 you should be right.

has anyone had any experience with these fellas?

These guys are RCB if my memory serves me well. They go under a few different names.

I'm not sure about that Justin they do have different contact details.
But I could be wrong it would'nt be the first time.

I don't think these guys are RCB.

Couple of other points:

1) Imports of kegs should come under the category of food production equipment and is subject to a 10% import duty. You might be lucky and not get caught out or you might be unlucky and up for an extra $7.4 US for four kegs.

2) The Aussie dollar is sliding fast. When guys like Big Fella bought gear only a few months ago the Aussie dollar was hovering around 80cents. Today it's just slipped under the 70cent barrier and is trading about 69.99cents and there is no sign of a quick recovery. In fact it looks like there will be increased downward pressure on the dollar. If America increases it's interest rates, expect the Aussie dollar to fall even more. Remember the difference between buying when the dollar is at 70cents as opposed to 80cents means you are effectively paying 12.5% more.

The good times of a bouyant Aussie dollar are disapperaing as I type. So top marks to all those who took advantage while it was stronger! For all those who waited, don't worry it will rise again, but the question then will be how many kegs are left?

Cheers
MAH

saw this on ebay today ebay and thought thats going for alot.

the thing looked familiar, so after a search aroung the garage i found we have one, from when we used to have fund raisers around our place. I ask dad if he needed it and he told me i can have it.

So does anyone want it? i would be interested in a trade for some other brewing gear maybe.

cheers

kman

I have to say as much as I love people showing me when thing are on ebay.
It can be really counter productive when you are bidding on something.

Yeah, I have to agree with you bigfella. I've had bids in on things that later came up on this thread and it can be pretty frustrating but I guess thems the breaks. But perhaps we should put an end to this thread. If your prepared to spend the time to search for the item on ebay then it should be your bargain if you get it quietly for a low price.

If your not intending on buying the item maybe we could just all shut up and not mention it in case someone here has a bid in on it. Hope no one attacks me here, but it does make sense. We're all after bargains in the end and if you don't want to put in the effort to look for them then you probably don't deserve to win them.

Sorry, my rant, but I agree with Bigfella. Open to opinions.

Justin

yeah fair play. I agree with you guys, although it is a public auction so anyone can bid on it, and if they want to pay more than you what can you do?!? Whether its someone here on the board bidding against you or some bloke in Timbucktoo, it will go to the highest bidder if its you great if not, well its not the bargain you thought it was i guess.

I just posted that hoping to inform some of you blokes of a nice item at a nice price. That was the idea of the thread i gathered. I didnt mean to tread on anybodys toes. I apologise if i did.

Cheers

i've got to agree with bobby
it shouldnt be first on this site to bid has exclusive rights.
i was just trying to keep that one under the radar
(but knew it wouldnt stay there)

all's fair in brewing & bidding.

cheers
crackers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back