Ebay Items

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A full 2 tier All Grain 12 Gal brewing setup.

Shipping would kill you though as it is in California.

Beers,
Doc

12Gal_2_tier_eBay.jpg

Buy Drew Carey's brewing equipment for his Buzz beer.
It is for sale here on eBay.
Seems the show is coming to an end.

mmmm nice and shiney brewing metal.

Beers,
Doc

DrewCarey_Beer_Equip.jpg

Buy Drew Carey's brewing equipment for his Buzz beer.
It is for sale here on eBay

GimmeeGimmeeGimmeeGimmeeGimmeeGimmeeGimmeeGimmee

This is used for cask conditioned beers.
Air comes into the cask as the handle is pulled.

2 options -
1/conect to CO2 and instead of air you will get Co2
2/ put the beer in a callapsable 5 ltr bladder.
then when you pull the handle - beer flows and it si not replaced by air.

Hope this helps.

In reply to how you may keep a post cold on a converted freezer, I have thought much on this as I am currently going through this process of building my bar around my 400lt converted chest freezer.

I don't know if this would suite everyone but this is what I will be doing.

I will put a 5lt bucket filled with water next to my kegs in my converted freezer and have a small bilge pump that will pump the icy water up and into the cavity of the post.

My only concern is the amount of condensation from the posts being so cold........would make for a nice puddle on my bar top (with the QLD humidity and all). I will have to somehow incorporate some sort of drip tray that fully surrounds the posts to catch this condensation........this I have not worked out yet, but the bilge pump will do a nice job I rekon.

Hope that sparks some more imagination.

Cheers, Booga. :chug:

Booga
was thinking about something similar, what if you use glycol/antifreeze instead of water and could get the liquid cold enough to form ice on the font? Now that would be cool for a homebrew bar!

Booga said:
My only concern is the amount of condensation from the posts being so cold........would make for a nice puddle on my bar top (with the QLD humidity and all). I will have to somehow incorporate some sort of drip tray that fully surrounds the posts to catch this condensation........this I have not worked out yet,
Booga
I've been thinking about the same thing. What about getting hold of an old ss serving tray, something with a slight lip on it and funky pattern around the edge. Place a hole in the middle of it to slip snuggly over your post. Drill another hole in the side of the tray, just under the lip, and then run a drainage hose back to your bucket in the freezer. You'ld just have to make sure their is a slight decline to where you placed the drainage hole.

If possible, I'd probably try to make the bucket in the freezer a sealed unit. Perhaps a c/c cube or something, in which water is drawn from the tap in the bottom, recirculated up to the tower then back in the top. Reason being is my freezer gets enough condensation in there with seald kegs. I reckon with an open bucket this would be even worse. (make sure the dip tube feeding the water back in is below the surface of the water otherwise that tinkling sound is going to make all your mates want to go and take a p... all the time ;) )

On the consensation issue on the tower. Why not place a switch somewhere on the outside of your freezer or on the bar to activate the pump. Then when you know some beers are coming on flick the pump on for 5 mins, I reckon in that time you would take the worst of the heat out of the tower. And that way the condensation issue isn't going to be an ongoing problem. Just give it a wipe after beer o'clock.

JD

:eek: Holy cow batman........now thats wicked!!

1st of all to get one thing straight, Wax, are your refering to an old golf trophy type tray?? Cos if so mate I think you are onto winner.....I can see it in my minds eye as I am typing and feeling pretty damn happy about it. Although, with Justins quick thoughts I don't think we will need a drain........but then again, how often will we forget to turn the pump on between beers?? :( Would it take even 5 mins to chill the post??

As for the cube idea instead of the open bucket.....i'm sold.....as I also get condensation inside my freezer and an open bucket (I would imagine) definately wouldn't help the situation.

hah.......just awesome :D you guys have just solved me a few few headaches!!

Cheers fella's, Booga.

Glad to help. I love throwing in a few ideas however good or bad they might be. I'd love to see some photos if it works.

I haven't seen it done but I can't see why it wouldn't work though. Just get one of those small water fountain pumps (I think you can find them on ebay but any pet shop should have some to choose from). As for the time taken to chill the tower I can't really guess what it would be, it wouldn't be very long though. I guess it depends on if you want to plumb the water through the tower in lines or if you decide to just flood the tower with the chilled water (if this would work??). I don't really know because I've never looked at a tower that closely with this in mind. As for remembering to turn it on between beers, if you got a pump that was quiet enough you could just leave in on in a session.

Who else out there uses a tower? Do you have problems with a foamy pour for the first two/three beers? I'm just wondering if it really is that much of a problem. I may consider a tower option since I'm down on a fridge at the moment and hey if something came along at the right price I'd consider setting up a tower.

Cheers, JD

Booga said:
1st of all to get one thing straight, Wax, are your refering to an old golf trophy type tray??
That's exactly the type of thing I was thinking about. And an ovel shaped tray would look pretty funky too.

LOL did i interrupt a bidding war? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back