Ebay Items

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mah,
I sent him a similar email and got pretty much exactly the same reply.
HAHAHAHA.

cheers
johnno

I vote that when his pathetic second try auction ends we send him a link to here...should cheer him up.

Plus who asked you mate for what you think mate, cause I dont.
ahh, classic.

JasonY said:
Anyone actually seen the magical $1000 auction he refers to? :p

If I could bid $10 I would have a shot, the glasses would be worth that I guess :D
[post="47704"][/post]​

Nah JasonY, even the glasses are cheap and crappy. I hardly ever use mine 'cause it feels like it is going to break whenever I try drinking from it/washing it afterwards. Looks OK but not an expensive 'crystal' glass at all I'm afraid... No wonder my bottlo was giving them away free!

Of course, they are a 'collectors item' and well worth the quoted $1000 a carton :rolleyes:

Shawn.

Hmmmmm.... It was said he worked in a bottle shop.

Perhaps he drinks the profits? :unsure:

Warren -

Nah Warren, he'd have to be the ultimate employee wouldn't he? Always pushing for 2000% markup on every item? :lol: What a goose...

Shawn.

MAH said:
What I have stated in the add is all I know but I know that it is the first single malt Aussie beer ever made and released
[post="47700"][/post]​

MAH, you have to send him a follow-up to ask: "HOW do you know?"

I still say he is just a tool hoping to strike one of the ones who are supposed to be born every minute. You should also ask him for a link to the auction that sold for $1000. Do these questions go on display to other viewers of the ad? The auction site we use in Japan works like that. Questions and answers become a part of the ad. Judging by some of his answers, it seems they are just going back by email to the person who asked.

Steve

Do these questions go on display to other viewers of the ad? The auction site we use in Japan works like that. Questions and answers become a part of the ad. Judging by some of his answers, it seems they are just going back by email to the person who asked.

Steve

Hi Steve,
They need to enable that when he replies. He has not shown any question and answer. Keeps them hidden.
Like I said earlier bombard this person with the questions. If they dont sell now they may relist at an even higher price . After all this is a priceless oppurtunity.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

cheers
johnno

It would be nice if someone had a dodgy account and could purchase them. Then ebay charges the fee for the add and a %age of the final sale price. I don't know if you get those fees back with a non-paying bidder. I'm off to send a question now ;) :p

FWIW his other auctions of car parts look like they fell off the back of the truck. I note in his description they are made of Stainless STEAL :p :D, what a tosser.

Give it to him fellas!

Justin said:
FWIW his other auctions of car parts look like they fell off the back of the truck. I note in his description they are made of Stainless STEAL :p :D, what a tosser.
[post="47731"][/post]​

Speaking of the legalities...would he need a licence to be selling alcohol? Or is there some provision for collectibles and memoribilia? Do wine collectors trade on Ebay?

steve

Steve Lacey said:
Speaking of the legalities...would he need a licence to be selling alcohol? Or is there some provision for collectibles and memoribilia? Do wine collectors trade on Ebay?

steve

Never thought of that.

I agree with you that it's just some tool hoping to find a sucker who belives that single malt beer some how equates to single malt whiskey.

Cheers
MAH

The world's full of collectors some gullible some not so.

I think he's hoping to strike somebody off-shore. Most likely some beer-nut from America who's cashed up and willing to buy anything with the word beer on it.

Warren -

Justin said:
I note in his description they are made of Stainless STEAL :p :D, what a tosser.

Give it to him fellas!
[post="47731"][/post]​

Therein lies the Freudian Slip. B)

Warren -

Found out why it is so expensive :D

I asked him

Hullo bloke, how old is this beer you have and how well has it been kept (ie temperature flucctuations)? You can get it on special for $12.99 a 4 pack so was wondering why you have it advertised at such a ridiculous starting bid price? Cheers Mark"
He replied
because of the complete set of crystal glass.
It's not the beer then, that's just an added bonus!!!

C&B
TDA

I'd ask him if those "crystal" glasses were a different batch to the standard "glass" glasses that usually come with the beer :)

THE DRUNK ARAB said:
Found out why it is so expensive :D

He replied
because of the complete set of crystal glass.
It's not the beer then, that's just an added bonus!!!

C&B
TDA
[post="47740"][/post]​

I knew it!! TIme to get my 'crystal' glass onto ebay. Whaddayareckon I should ask for it fellas? :p

Shawn (Counting my newfound wealth already... :D )

I might cruise down to my local continental grocer.

You know the type. The one with the big Bacala stink in the deli. Ours has got a bottleshop and I'm almost certain there's a couple of dusty boxes of Stockade complete with the gratis glass. Last time I checked they were flogging them at $14 per fourpack.

Ya never know - :p

Warren -

Games over, I think...I just sent him this:
Hi, now that your half assed second try at this is almost over- how do you feel? Like a Tooheys or two? or can you get that hard earned thirst that needs a Vic from putting crap on eBay?
with a link back to here embedded.

hoorah for Friday afternoons.

Best you not give him anymore stick.

Have you seen his other items? There's a fair chance you may walk out your front door tomorrow morning and find your car gone. :blink:

Warren -
(Thankful I don't have a WRX)

:D If I had a license/owned a car/drove a car, I'd be worried. Honest.
He can have all the stick I want.

Tried to put in a $0.01 bid for this earlier. :D What a piker he is.

warrenlw63 said:
The one with the big Bacala stink in the deli.
Warren -
[post="47747"][/post]​

mmm Bacala, nothing like it when its cooked right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back