Ebay Items

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crikeys! I got given one of those glases by my local Bottlo just to get rid of them. I've never even tried the beer. Given this seller's logic, maybe I should offer it up on ebay for $50 :D :D Why hasn't anyone bid? :p

Ah dear, back to work...

Shawn.

No ones bid because to quote morry from the worst commercial beer thread

"Stockade "Premium" Lager is also pretty shit. There are a suprising amount of shit beers out there. "

This stuff is made out in the 'burbs, round the corner from a sewage treatment plant, and it shows.
They are a some sort of "vat for hire" joint, do that Chopper beer, Blowfly & home brand stuff too.

The sad thing is (following on from the earlier thread about Eureka Ale & Ballarat Brewery) the last time I was in Ballarat a couple of places push this piss as some sort of local brew- Eureka Stockade and all that.
Even sadder when you consider there is a perfectly good micro at the uni there...but you can't seem to buy any good local product.

Way off topic, that'll be 2c thanks.

great starting price :blink: tell em there dreaming ;)

A quick Google shows $65 per carton from Beer King (no affiliation, etc)

Dreaming indeed! What a tool!

Whatdaf... :blink:

Beer was like a badly-homebrewed lager. Dry as shit! Had something to do with the Galaxy malt I think. <_<

Somebody riding the Duff wave by the sounds of things. Go down to your local backwoods idependent bottleshop and I'm picking you'll find yourself some at a reduced price.

BTW I've got a Stockade glass (think it was free too). I'm goanna be rich! Woohoo! :party:

Warren -
Note the glass in my hairy hand! :lol:

I asked him if he was serious and pointed out that one could purchase a case for $65. This is the response I got:

Well go buy one buddy, but this the first ever Australian made single malt beer mate. A complete carton and all the glasses went for $1000 a few weeks back and I dont want these anymore. Plus if you are not interested keep your coments to yourself.

Thanks.

:rolleyes:

Dude, a carton of this and the 6 glasses went for $1000 not long ago so your local bottle shop should consider advertising it. Plus who asked you mate for what you think mate, cause I dont.

This is the response from this absolute knob jockey,

holy crap, i broke one of them glasses about 6 months ago.... the horror, the horror. and there goes my nest egg ;) :p

You know wagga has an absolute shit tin of these. Gold in them there hills..... I tell ya

maybe he forgot to add that if you look through the beer you can see an apparition of the Virgin Mary.

Would then make a good match for the toasted cheese sandwhich that went for thousands a few months ago.

Plastic Man said:
maybe he forgot to add that if you look through the beer you can see an apparition of the Virgin Mary.

Would then make a good match for the toasted cheese sandwhich that went for thousands a few months ago.
[post="47578"][/post]​

:lol: The Virgin Mary or this;

Warren -
(Sorry NRB)

What a wanker! Is it just the tool saying it, or does the Stockade beer come marketed as "Australia's first single-malt beer"?

Even if that is true (and I doubt that it is), it is actually a bad thing. Who wants to drink something that one-dimensional. It just doesn't equate to the quality of single-malt scotch, though that is obviously what this nong is trying to imply.

Now, a range of single-hop ales...that is something I'd like to try.

Steve

warren.....

If you are prepared to part with your best glass there.... put it up for $5 buy it now, and put in a big line about how you have a hundred of the bloody things to get rid of....

dreamboat

only 1 day 23 hours left to place your bids.none to date :(
looking like he will have to drink the 4 pack :p

cheers
big d

I've got a glass. I can help him out (not that I like the beer). :p

Warren -

Well I sent him an email to see what he had to say about a few questions any serious collector would ask.

You asked:
"Hi I'm a collector of beer memomribillia and interested in this item. You mention that this batch was the first ever single malt beer brewed in Australia. Can you please tell me if the item has any identifiers that can be used to verify that it is from the first batch (eg Coopers Vintage has a year printed on it). Second question is do you now any history of the beer, eg what malt was used. Cheers Mark"

In all honesty buddy I was working in a bottle shop and we could only get 4x cartons so I bought one. What I have stated in the add is all I know but I know that it is the first single malt Aussie beer ever made and released which is why they released the 6x crystal glasses with it. A carton and 6x glasses were sold about a month ago for $1000 and I dont have any need for these anymore so I am selling them. I will leave it up to you mate. Rick.

Cheers
MAH

A search on ebay for his often mentioned recent $1000 sale didn't find it.
But it did find this his earlier attempt to flog the same thing for an even higher starting bid!

Anyone actually seen the magical $1000 auction he refers to? :p

If I could bid $10 I would have a shot, the glasses would be worth that I guess :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back