Earthing kettle element

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are just so reliable and accurate.

Mine used to get thrown in the tool bag with all sorts of sharp pointy things, never hurt it

Great display that was clear to read in really shit conditions

Ducatiboy stu said:

Tex N Oz said:
240 X the square root of 3 shows line to line potential difference of 415V RMS...
YES!!!! First time in my life I got to say that and wasn't in the company of a huge lot of nerds!!
Sorry buddy have you forgotten where you are. Nano nano

Ducatiboy stu said:
They are just so reliable and accurate.

Mine used to get thrown in the tool bag with all sorts of sharp pointy things, never hurt it

Great display that was clear to read in really shit conditions
Delta airline (don't know how) cracked the screen in the corner of that one in '94. I've since gotten smart and put every meter I own in real Pelican cases so they don't bust em up.
So far so good. I've been all over the world with these cases and I've not had a single meter damaged.
Here's a true story. -60°C outside and I'm hanging off the side of a huge oil dredge machine in Fort McMurray Alberta, Canada. NOTHING worked. No meter would even think about coming to life.
Pulled out my 87 and though a bit dim, she worked like a trooper. I've drug her through hell and high water and she's never let me down.

A few of my meters in their cases. While I hate to part with em, I'm gonna eventually let them all have new homes.

IMG_0507.JPG

Installed element and enclosure. As you can see in the pics the enclosure and element is still isolated from the kettle. I'm going to attach the enclosure to the kettle with a 4mm bolt to earth it. Sparky's happy with it so far.

Cheers

20151002_140821.jpg
20151002_133907.jpg
20151002_140931.jpg

Latest posts

Back