DSGA in progress

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yep, same experience Luke. Some of the yeast and hops on the shelf last time I was there including some of the more expensive lager yeasts, etc. Hops as well.

It is definitely a grain bag. Reckon it would just hold the 8.5kg grain bill from the triple I just made. That was what blew the hole in my previous bag. That was a BITCH to hoist. Extreme ghetto grain hoist constructed on the fly. The uprights were zip-tied to my brew stand. he he!!
:D :ph34r:
I did star-san the clamp before I used it but probably the dodgiest thing I have done brewing wise for quite a while. This is the previous grain bag, which was really quite a tight weave and was very reluctant to drain. I had to twist it right up and then apply pressure to it as well if I wanted it to be done in a reasonable time (e.g: 10 mins)
reallyGhettoGrainHoist.jpg

I just bottled my first all-grain this weekend a DSGA. I've done it previously with extract and it's quite hoppy and malty.

My all grain seems to be a bit more on the watery side with less hop aroma. I'm thinking it may be my mash, it started out 67 degrees by the end of the mash it was at 63 may be a bit low?

Though also the hops not very flavorful or aromatic? It was all mosaic instead of amarillo, I'm not sure.. just feeling disappointed. I'm hoping carbonation will fix it all, but I don't think so :(
Sorry to whinge, hope your DSGA tastes good :) I will try again in a couple of weeks, not giving up.

If you keg, just dry-hop the crap out of it. Bit harder if you bottle though. I've not used Mosaic yet so no idea on that hop.

Goomba's Lord Nelson really shines with the Citra dry hop in the keg. Big passionfruit hit!! :icon_drool2:

Latest posts

Back