Dry Yeast Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm getting the feeling I may be hitting a brick wall in Australia. Something fishy going on. Wouldn't be surprised if some calls behind the scenes have been made :rolleyes:

Investigating the USA to cover bases.

I was looking around to see where the various distributors were and came across a Fermentis "Tips and Tricks" guide which is awesome:
View attachment 33160

I'll start a thread on it, in fact.
:icon_offtopic: Great find Bribie, good to read some of this info from the guys who should know best :icon_cheers:

If you get dicked around trying to do a deal in Australia, go direct from the US.
reVox

And that is the best part. Average Joe can / will have that problem so the idea of going O.S is a very valid point.While the dollar is good (and i use that term loosely) make it work for you. I am sure there are some wholesalers in Aus who have not yet passed on the full effect of the strong dollar and if they have it does not seem to be filtering through to quick :ph34r:

BYB

Edit:

I'm getting the feeling I may be hitting a brick wall in Australia. Something fishy going on. Wouldn't be surprised if some calls behind the scenes have been made :rolleyes:

Investigating the USA to cover bases.

Ditto. You betya.

How many boxes are you looking for? I will ask at our brew club meeting what the shops pass through price would be. I may get an answer or not.

Not sure of exact numbers mate but if I had to estimate I think we'd get at least 10 boxes.

I am sure there are some wholesalers in Aus who have not yet passed on the full effect of the strong dollar

I am sure that there is only one wholesaler in Australia who handles the retail channel. If you are getting resistence it is due to the fact that you are not a retailer ie a real company engaged in the HB market. The yeast manufacturers don't want just anyone able to resell yeast as poorly handled yeast can reflect badly on them.

You would be better server shopping around different retaillers to see what deals you can dig up.

HTH,
Dave (the insider).

Considering I work for a massive logistics company with refrigerated freight arms, if that's what they think bad luck to them IMO.

I am sure that there is only one wholesaler in Australia who handles the retail channel. If you are getting resistence it is due to the fact that you are not a retailer ie a real company engaged in the HB market. The yeast manufacturers don't want just anyone able to resell yeast as poorly handled yeast can reflect badly on them.

You would be better server shopping around different retaillers to see what deals you can dig up.

HTH,
Dave (the insider).

Probably right, but I also reckon there are more LHBS's in Oz that mishandle yeast than those that don't....

HTH,
Dave (the insider).

I bet there's a few OS retailers interested. but perhaps not. :huh:
Personally I have found OS retailers could not be more helpful ATM, now's the time to save a few $$

Batz

I'm getting the feeling the local wholesaler doesn't want a piece of it. Some legend here probably tipped him off. If so I hope they die of cancer.

If anyone has any overseas leads let me know.

Latest posts

Back