Dry July

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waratah67

Reaction score
So July is coming up and I was getting pressure to do it this year. Its for a good cause and all (assisting adults living with cancer) so I have agreed. :unsure:

Whilst I'm REALLY going to miss my beers for a month, I'm hoping I will enjoy each one even more afterwards.

Any other brave souls here going to do it?

I've sorted of got a head start on it and started last week (Monday). I've been meaning to lose some weight and use the lost weight as motivation to get fit again. That way I can have the odd beer without looking preggers.

So yeah, I'll be doing it this year.

Yep I'm doing it this year.A month off is a good way to restore the brain to factory settings.

Hippy said:
Yep I'm doing it this year.A month off is a good way to restore the brain to factory settings.
Isn't that what milds are for? :lol:

I'm kinda lucky I got caught on the hop and didn't get my stouts brewed in time for July. So I'll be okay. Getting good beer locally is difficult here (other than my own) so should be all good.

I actually end up making more beer when I'm dry for some reason? :ph34r: :lol:

I always imagine that I could do dry July, only to make up for it in the first week of August, making the achievement worthless, except for raising money for charity that is.

It's sounds like a good idea because then my reserves might have a chance to build up. But then as the others have said, there is the swap to take into consideration :). Maybe next year.

I like it in theory, but I'm in Europe for all of July so it's never going to happen! :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:

Good to see a bit of support and reasons for doing it (or not). I really think this might be one of the harder challenges I have set myself in a while.

I've sponsored a mate who's doing it.
$1 for every beer I drink during the month.

I get 2 benefits out of it.
Warm and fuzzy because I've donated
Warm and Fuzzy because i'm half-cut :D

I did it a few years ago, it's cool that you can buy yourself a 'golden ticket' if you want a night on the beers. More money for charity!

Gets expensive if ya do buy the ticket too many times though.....

Maybe the guys that are doing it can post up their details so that the less brave of us can donate to the cause?

Latest posts

Back