Dry July

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Know what?, apart from a case swap, which I'll drive to anyway, I've got no real plans on for July. Itd probably be good for my rehab, and health in general so I might do this. Not officially but still.

Might convince the mrs, though she barely drinks so she'll breeze it in.

I'm in it this year too. swmbo doesn't think I can last a month without beer. I intend to prove her right :ph34r:

I've been trying to explain to the missus for the last three weeks I am partaking in Monsoon June as a bit of a lead up to dry July (She's not buying it).

No good can come from a dry July. About 10 years ago I started the "dry July". I made it 28 days and then was diagnosed with sinus cancer. Was told that there was nothing that could be done and the surgeon said all he could do was pray for me. Well God came through, two operations later and my life being turned upside down........no more cancer, and I have not missed a beer day since.
I thank God everyday........for beer
Steve

Jeez. SJW, ya serious?

Dry July has only been going since 2008, so I'm a little dubious....but I do know that sinus cancer is actually a thing so Im confused.

I've been a member since 2004. Believe me it's a real thing. First operation they went in through my gum under my top lip. The second operation went in through my nose. There was cancerous shit right up behind my left eye. Obviously it had nothing to do with dry July but its a good excuse to brew.

Ha. Wow, Glad you are going good now. I'll be thinking about your story when I am stinging for a beer next week.

I havent had a smoke for 6 weeks so there no way way in Hell im going without beer too

Everything in moderation, except smoking. I can't see anything good coming from that

Good on you guys for doing Dry July for charity, it's a great cause. I did dry January earlier this year (for health, not charity I'm afraid) and it was damn tough month.

I don't think I've been so dull or bored in my whole adult life. Though I did have a lot of homebrew ready & waiting for me at the end of it.

Also I can't seem to find the AHB team page to donate...

Back