Drinking First Ag

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get a medicine syringe from the chemist...I find 3mL works best, myself. 20c from my local...must be gold plated on Bribie Island. ;)

Mine's a 20ml. My syringe is Da Bomb, I tell you, Da Bomb.....

Get a medicine syringe from the chemist...I find 3mL works best, myself. 20c from my local...must be gold plated on Bribie Island. ;) Pour the beer as normal, insert syringe into glass, suck up some beer and pump it a couple of times. The head will form from the bottom up, like out of a sparkler.

Note that if the beer is well carbonated (over 2vol), your gonna have a gusher on your hands, and a glass full of head. :p Works great on low carb english style beer.
piccys of the results here
Great tip butters, I only had a 2.5ml handy but gave it a crack on an ale I was drinking worked a treat. I know what I will be doing to my english ales from now on.
Even SWMBO (who norrmally rolls her eyes at anything brew related) was impressed with how this works , until she noticed I was using the kids panadol syringe :ph34r: :unsure: .

Back