Drinking First Ag

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rude

Reaction score
Hi all just a quick thank you to all who have helped.
Just drinking my first AG attempt , fermented it for just 1 week temps have risen lately.Tried it after 2 weeks in the bottle but I was a tad dissappointed but it was still green.
5 days later & it is to me well worth the AG effort, I had my doubts but absolutely loving my first drop.
Actually I cant believe how much better it is to my K&K,s
So thanks to brown dog's suggestion I pick up my grain mill rollers tomorrow which have been nickle plated & then comes the 25kg base grains.
All up so far I have spent which is a big factor for me $220
all the best everyone by one happy brewer

Congrats on brewing your first beer!

What exactly is a Welsh Ale like? Recipe?

Mate, you will never look back, don't know if your already doing it but temp controlled ferments are secondary only to sanitation, gotta keep it at 20C or less for ales.

cheers

Browndog

Congrats dude, I remember my first AG brew day near on two years ago. I cracked my first ~4kg through one of those hand coffee mills. Took 2+hrs...lol But got the job done. Sparge also tool 2hrs. Chilled in a sink of cold water....lol But definitely worth it (8-9hrs of brewing now 6 on the dot). Man how has the kit developed since then. Even brewing my belgiun triples i cringe putting the sugar in (correct to style, correct to style, correct to style,....)

Enjoy the endless possibilities and freedom of AG brewing :D :D :D :D

Well done!

Currently dinking my 38th AG in celebration of a grandson.

It's all up from here!

Festa.

Well done Rude.
Knock out a couple more, then just for kicks (or supply) do a kit brew.
Compare side by side and you'll never go back.

Welcome to the dark side.

Doc

only 2 letters to type

N V

Well done............

Congrats again.

Keep a few of your first AG stashed away somewhere to see how it ages with time.

Grats rude!

I bet there is no trace of that 'Home brew' taste either! ;)

It is good to make beer how it should be made and even better to drink it how it should be drunk.... how is that you ask!

Until you have had enough! and if you want one more it is there for you!

Anyway, to drunk and shouldn't be posting :icon_drunk: BUT

GRATS again mate, drink up and enjoy!

Cheers all. Yes Brown Dog agree have been managing just above 20c but definately need a ferment fridge.
A Welsh ale is a english bitter I think Butters told me anyway 4.5 kg marris otter 300g crystal used irish ale wyeast.
Congrats granddad hope mum & bub are well

Ahhh Welsh Ale.... I'm starting AG next week and although I'll be doing Yorkshire Bitters for the first couple of brews I've ordered in some English ale yeast Wyeast....(forgotten its ID number off hand) and some Challenger hops to attempt a Brains Special Ale (SA "Skull Attack" as they call it in Cardiff) :)

In the meantime I drool

Well done, rude, beaten me to it :icon_cheers:

Congrats on brewing your first beer!

What exactly is a Welsh Ale like? Recipe?

Brains Brewery usually spnsors the Welsh Rugby union when I was last there it was a nice drop of bitter

http://www.sabrain.com/index.cfm?alias=ourbeers

Pumpy:)

St_20Davids_20Clipsmall.jpg

SA_20ClipW1.jpg

English malt and Irish yeast, sounds Welsh to me ;)

Does sound pretty tasty though.

In Wales they are usually served on handpump through a tight 'sparkler' to get a dense creamy head. Ask Butters how to create the same effect in your glass for an outlay of around 80 cents from the chemist :ph34r: and he'll explain.

(I do it all the time with my ales now)

In Wales they are usually served on handpump through a tight 'sparkler' to get a dense creamy head. Ask Butters how to create the same effect in your glass for an outlay of around 80 cents from the chemist :ph34r: and he'll explain.

(I do it all the time with my ales now)

Well Butters how is this done????????????? B)

Get a medicine syringe from the chemist...I find 3mL works best, myself. 20c from my local...must be gold plated on Bribie Island. ;) Pour the beer as normal, insert syringe into glass, suck up some beer and pump it a couple of times. The head will form from the bottom up, like out of a sparkler.

Note that if the beer is well carbonated (over 2vol), your gonna have a gusher on your hands, and a glass full of head. :p Works great on low carb english style beer.
piccys of the results here

Back