Dr smurtos golden ale hop substitute

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben-burd

Reaction score
I am attempting a Dr smurtos golden ale. I did not order enough armarillo hops and had enough to do a 10g boil for 10 min then added another 10 for 5 min.

The receipt says to do 15g each time for the boil then another 15 for a dry hop.

I have plenty of cascade, galaxy and por. Should I use one of these for dry hopping or just leave as is.

Cascade would be my choice mate. The galaxy will overpower... and PoR is not really a flavour/aroma hop... moreso used for bittering @ 60mins in aussie beers

They are all good. Dry hop with the Gallaxy. I dry hop in a sock, in the keg. Leave them in through the whole time until its empty. Better through to the last glass.

oh, and. You may be just best to leave it. Beer is funny like that. Less is more when it comes to messing around with it all.
Something of the evolution of your home brewing I think.

Thanks guys I have done plenty of dry hopping before with the cascade and galaxy and coopers pale ale kits. Just starting to get into boiling hops and using grains. I might just leave it and see how it goes.

Will just have to make it again another day using all the required hops and see if there is much difference. ☺

Latest posts

Back