Doc's New Brew Haus

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
Yep, the day has finally come when I'm being kicked out of the house for all brewing items.
I do have the fermentation coolroom located in one shed along with a few fridges etc, but there are still numerous items within the house in the pantry and laundry that are no longer part of the Planning Commissioner's vision for the premises :p

However the Planning Commissioner has been very kind and instantiated a new brew haus.

This is what the backyard looked like a few weeks back.

3f9435115a184f4ad99fc796a7c46253_view.jpg

The kids have outgrown the swing set (just), and the garden shed was given its last rights.
So last weekend in the space of a few hours the backyard was transformed into this.

fb4d485b1be896b09233547ac3248bf0_view.jpg

On Friday at 7am the builders rocked up with a kitset cabin.
At 2:30 they left after erecting this little beauty.

IMG00077_20100806_1414.jpg

The old shed was sold on eBay and now it is ready for the fitout.

Now the fun begins, furnishing it.
Bought some rubber matting for the floor today. Basically checkboard rubber flooring from Clark Rubber.

checker-plate-matting.jpg

The next step is getting power and water run to it, and drainage installed from it.
Hopefully in a few weeks it will have the basics setup, and be ready to knockout the first brew.

Doc

Looks very good Doc. My wife was most supportive when she realised the brewing left the house.

Nice, you'll have to post more pics once everything is inside :icon_cheers:

OK, I'll ask :lol:

Ballpark $$ for the Brew Haus??

Looks great though!

Come on Tax cheque!

Where's the 'Like' button on this site ?

Nice Doc ,

SWMBO is trying to get me out of the Garage that would be ideal .

Feel a bit sorry for the kids no swings now

Are you planning to mash inside or on the Verandah of the Cabin ?

Pumpy :)

Very nice. Do we have to duck our heads to get in?

One word, WOW :beerbang:

Oh, and have already bought the tap for the tubs.
Checkout this beauty here

Just this morning I bought on eBay a massive double laundry tub to go in it too. One tub is never enough :p

Doc

Oh, and have already bought the tap for the tubs.
Checkout this beauty here

Just this morning I bought on eBay a massive double laundry tub to go in it too. One tub is never enough :p

Doc
Mmmm Taaaaaps.

Ah come on, some one has to say it!
Nice Cubby Hut Doc! :D

Shouldnt be too hard to install a range hood of some style over your kettle if you want to boil in side...i just reakon it would be neater to have the whole show inside.....so you can still watch the 50" lcd that should be on the wall...... ;)

is this going to be another bandito-style, automated cubby-house thread?

:p

That's a real MAN's cubby. :wub:
Top stuff Doc, very very nice.

Fortunately, we have a 4 car garage, but only 2 cars, so there's no way mrs warra can chuck me out of our garage.

Latest posts

Back