Doc's New Brew Haus

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Such a well thought about brewing space Doc.

Very impressed/jealous.

If i planned on staying put for more than a few more years i would fitting out my brewery with something similar, particularly keen on a cleaning area with the ability to drain fermenters, flasks etc.

If you have 3 phase you have plenty of power to drive an autoclave, centrifuge etc :p

As someone working towards gaining the finances for a Man Cave the eye candy your showing us make my eyes just go a fluter

great setup..all you need is a bed and you wouldnt need to go inside for days

The sparky is coming this week, and I'm making sure I have everything covered to go in the conduit from the house to the brauhaus.

We have other extensions to the house due in the next 12mths and an intercom system will be required.
Some background research shows up many different offerings.
A lot of Ethernet based ones (requiring POE) which I like the look of. So another Ethernet run looks in order.

Does anyone have any first hand experience with modern AV Intercoms for some advice on what brands/technologies to avoid ??

Doc

I have also been looking into trendy LED deck/pathway lights.
I then stumbled on this instructable on LED strip lighting.
Don't think I've mentioned it here, but I've also found remote controlled LED lights that I'm close to pulling the trigger on.

Anyone done anything cool with LED strip lighting for anything other than your car :p
Recommend a supplier, and any gotchas ??

Doc

The sparky is coming this week, and I'm making sure I have everything covered to go in the conduit from the house to the brauhaus.

We have other extensions to the house due in the next 12mths and an intercom system will be required.
Some background research shows up many different offerings.
A lot of Ethernet based ones (requiring POE) which I like the look of. So another Ethernet run looks in order.

Does anyone have any first hand experience with modern AV Intercoms for some advice on what brands/technologies to avoid ??

Doc

if you like to "play" go voip, you could setup a switch board :) if you really like to play. Go with someone like mynetphone and and get a sydney telephone number so whilst your brewing it could be like your in another country.

Yes, will have room for a bed for the overnight brew sessions :p

Doc

I thought so, this is has to be the ultimate brewers Den , hours of tinkering around , dont you just love it

Doc

There is plenty of crap out there, but you cant go wrong with aiphone.
Dont think that they do any IP video models, but nothing wrong with analogue. Its only an intercom.
Had a few volume issues with a recent IP system. Unless you pay the big bucks they arent that flash.
I'll get you some prices and let you know Tuesday night.
Point to point, or more?

Greg

There is plenty of crap out there, but you cant go wrong with aiphone.
Dont think that they do any IP video models, but nothing wrong with analogue. Its only an intercom.
Had a few volume issues with a recent IP system. Unless you pay the big bucks they arent that flash.
I'll get you some prices and let you know Tuesday night.
Point to point, or more?

Greg

Cheers Greg.
The house renovations will include an intercomm system, so this needs to be one of 4 end points.

Doc

if you like to "play" go voip, you could setup a switch board :) if you really like to play. Go with someone like mynetphone and and get a sydney telephone number so whilst your brewing it could be like your in another country.

There is a flashback. Remember messing with Asterisk when it was new.
Don't really want to go with a softphone type solution, but it's got me thinking.....

Doc

There is a flashback. Remember messing with Asterisk when it was new.
Don't really want to go with a softphone type solution, but it's got me thinking.....

Doc

I run a couple of these, this is a "special offer so for $15 with $10 call credit and the $5 a year I get DID's and can plug a standard phone into it.

If you go for this type of offer you could get a Sydney ( I assume all ya "bros" are in Manly :) ) telephone number and you cheap calls to aus and cheap for the aussies to ring you..

Sorry Doc, it's one of those stupid websites that requires you to be a logged in member to view the threads.

I'll see what I can do about grabbing the info out of it for you.

Cheers,

GT

Thanks, but the link appears to be dead :(

Doc

The brauhaus was supposed to go live with power today.
Alas the sparky has had major drama's at another job (think sparkies hitting the water main), so I've been bumped a week to get the power run to the new brauhaus.
I guess I've waited this long to get it in, its only another week ..... :(

On the upside I've done the dry run on one of these HDTV over Cat5 and it works great.
Foxtel feed to the brauhaus over Cat5 here we come.

Doc

Sparkies were onsite today.
A good days effort running the power from the switchboard at the opposite side of the property to the new brew house.
Three runs of ethernet, a run of coax and a run of security cable saw the conduit completely maxed out.

They will be back next week to complete the wiring fitout of the shed and flip the switch. It is getting oh, so close.

I've also been thinking about all the cool street signs I've seen on trips to France, Germany and Belgium.
Have found a company that makes those blue enamel street signs with whatever you want written on them.

How does "Sudhaus fr rzte Orders Brewing" sound ??
Link to store

Beers,
Doc

did you run the ethernet in a separate bit of conduit, or was it with the mains feed?

hopefully separate.

having them too close together can upset the connection, and high current switching can fry the network card.

Back