DIY Dog - recipes for every brewdog beer ever made

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bradsbrew said:
Working in an office does have its benefits.

Haha! I'm doing the same right now, loaded onto a flash yesterday and plugged straight into the copier at work today

jibba02 said:
I think it will make them even more of a target. With thousands upon thousands of page likes in the last 24 hours, every hobby brewer and enthusiastic beer drinker in the world that never heard of brewdog is now talking about them and buying their beer. I wouldn't be surprised if every stockis outside of the uk sells out!!
I think this is their exact aim to be honest.

Bridges said:
This is seriously great. My recipes to try list gets longer every time I look at it. Also I'm going down to my local to buy a few of their beers to say thanks!
Not much in stock, had to make do with their lizard bride IPA.
Also got a mountain goat rare breed single hop citra pale which was only released yesterday so should be fresh and a stone delicious IPA with lemondrop and el dorado, but I digress...

jibba02 said:
... every hobby brewer and enthusiastic beer drinker in the world that never heard of brewdog is now talking about them and buying their beer....
I refuse to believe that such a mythical creature exists.

Just need to get me a stuffed squirrel for the End of History beer :)

I read through the catalogue last night and far out. Some interesting things that continued to be similar is for the IPA range is a small % of caramalt and a small % of crystal 150 is almost always used. The dry hopping ranges from 100g per batch to 350g....woah. From one of the tips its says all lat additions are whirlpool hops, its on page fk know. I'm looking forward to trying a few such as hoppy black wheat stout, hopped up brown ale and about a dozen others....

Oats and carafa in just about all their dark beers as well. I was expecting higher %'s of roast malts in their stouts and porters though. Good read.

The printer at work got smashed yesterday. I promptly named the folder

"Brewdog, sharing the love"

In addition to the bronzed brews, and brewing British real ale book that I just got I think I could brew every week for the next decade and if have something to make.

Bribie G said:
Where's the Rivet Lager?
In the bin, with the Storm lager, and the Fraser Briggs, I reckon.

As for the Brew Dogz brewsheet: great P.R. work!
Shame their beer never got to me in a prime state, so I won't be able to compare it to mine if I brew from the list.

Exile said:
Just need to get me a stuffed squirrel for the End of History beer :)
Possum will do, or a feral bunny, for local content

Thanks for the link Welly2-although never tried the beers brewed by the boys will now have to keep an eye out in bottle shops/the recipes are an eye opener for different things to try.Thanks,Rob.

bradsbrew said:
Working in an office does have its benefits.
Good idea.

brewdog-back-catalogue.jpg

Pratty1 said:
I read through the catalogue last night and far out. Some interesting things that continued to be similar is for the IPA range is a small % of caramalt and a small % of crystal 150 is almost always used. The dry hopping ranges from 100g per batch to 350g....woah. From one of the tips its says all lat additions are whirlpool hops, its on page fk know. I'm looking forward to trying a few such as hoppy black wheat stout, hopped up brown ale and about a dozen others....
I'm thinking some of the hop schedules have typos!!! As some of the recipies have aditions of 2.5g, 3g etc. Like page 180? Maybe that should be 25g of ella not 2.5?

Unfortunately, the more recipes I read the more I'm inclined to the view that it's hastily cobbled together waste of time. Far too many glaring errors for me. I had the same issue with mikellers book which has so many errors in its recipes it would be laughable apart from them fact it's cover price is equal to a fair few 100g packs of hops. Nice idea, but if you're going to do it, at least make the effort to get it right or just publish it as general guidance.

Blind Dog said:
Unfortunately, the more recipes I read the more I'm inclined to the view that it's hastily cobbled together waste of time. Far too many glaring errors for me. I had the same issue with mikellers book which has so many errors in its recipes it would be laughable apart from them fact it's cover price is equal to a fair few 100g packs of hops. Nice idea, but if you're going to do it, at least make the effort to get it right or just publish it as general guidance.
Yep - but it's free and not a bad reference for base recipes and starting points in my eyes. Makes some of what they have done very 'homebrew' IMHO - seem to be very focussed on teaching themselves and their customers what specific things taste like, lots of similar grain bills, even beyond the single hop series.

Maybe some inaccuracies, but a reasonable brewer is unlikely to add 2.5g of bittering at 60 mins without realising something is amiss.

Kev

I'm sure you could call / email them about the various recipes... if they've put all this out there, then it would seem likely they will respond to queries!

I noticed most of there ph of finished beer was 4.4

Didnt look at the lot but a few ph readings @ 4.2 lagers

Noticed the Movember cascade recipe was ph 5.2 bit high ?

Still not a bad read better than some of the crap put on labels about the beers these days

Back