DIY Dog - recipes for every brewdog beer ever made

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
colvs said:
I'm looking at #31 'Bashah"
At 30 EBC I don't think it will matter what colour your base malt is colvs. If you are using something like Beersmith2 then when you are adding in the specialty grains just add enough to get the right colour.

razz said:
At 30 EBC I don't think it will matter what colour your base malt is colvs. If you are using something like Beersmith2 then when you are adding in the specialty grains just add enough to get the right colour.
Thanks for your help razz!

My first crack at a Brewdog clone is now in the fermenter. Had to be 5am Saint.
A bit of subbing... Carapils for caramalt. Cascade for Ahtanum. BR-97 for WY1056.

The best bit was using my new hop rocket for the 80g addition of Nelson Sauvin. Tasting and smelling unreal so far. And you'd want it to with 331g of hops in a 21L batch.

Can't wait to do a side by side!

Had the pleasure of a 6 hour drinking session in the Brew Dog Shoreditch establishment in London no all that long ago.

Bloody hell there were some good beers, but 5am saint and Punk IPA fresh from the draught tap were something else.

Looking forward to brewing some of these soon!!

My brew buddy and I used the 5am saint recipe and modified it slightly to come up with one of our favourite beers. Everyone loves it, even if these recipes aren't 100% accurate they are a great starting point to make it your own.

As someone may have said earlier, the 5AM Saint recipe in the pdf has 2.5g hop additions where it should be at least 12.5g...

Back