Different wort aeration kits

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mstrelan said:
I've been ignoring it so many times but this was the straw that broke the camels back. It's O2, not 02. As in O for Oxygen, not 0 the number.
Camel's back.

Cop that, pedant.

The "camel's" back?
Where did he go? Why did wobbly not believe the "camel" is really a camel?

Camel toes are likely to give your beer too much funk.

Another off-topic post

Camel_Toe.jpg

OK chaps, we all love having fun, but let's get this thread back on topic please.

Was good while it lasted. Reddit esque :)

Does anyone know the type of the fitting / thread for the LP side of the Cigweld O2 regulator?

Here's my upgraded wort oxygenator.
It's the Bunnings Coregas setup with a Cigweld Oxygen regulator.
I'll get some proper tube before I use it for real. Just gave it a test run @5psi in some Starsan & 60sec on that setting will be more than enough. I don't think I'll need a replacement cylinder for quite a while.

20160902_171105.jpg

20160902_170927.jpg

Just a warning about using an airstone with a really stiff gas tube in a SS fermenting bucket .. you can scratch the inside as you wave it around. A wand is a good option so you can control it better than a tube that's bent and doesn't want to go where you want it to.

scratch SS.jpg

Ed: suppliers of kits might want to mention this on their sites, as it's a recent thingo; affordable SS only been around for a couple of years so a wand is a relatively inexpensive "must" for SS brewers.

SBOB said:
man... you've changed. You use to be living on the edge of wort aeration kits and now this ;)
I've decided to change my tight arse ways. I've seen the light.
I still hold firm on my view of the disposable setup though. I'm more than happy to use it until the little cylinder runs out.
This setup will be part of a much bigger operation in the not too distant future which I'll talk about once we get through some more paper work.

Bribie G said:
Just a warning about using an airstone with a really stiff gas tube in a SS fermenting bucket .. you can scratch the inside as you wave it around. A wand is a good option so you can control it better than a tube that's bent and doesn't want to go where you want it to.

attachicon.gif
scratch SS.jpg

Ed: suppliers of kits might want to mention this on their sites, as it's a recent thingo; affordable SS only been around for a couple of years so a wand is a relatively inexpensive "must" for SS brewers.
I went with the oxywand from Ross so it sits on the bottom of the fermenter. I ferment in a 50L keg & I think the wand is a much better option.

zorsoc_cosdog said:
Was good while it lasted. Reddit esque :)

Does anyone know the type of the fitting / thread for the LP side of the Cigweld O2 regulator?
It's the same as the the fittings that come with the Bossgas regulator......5mm and 3mm Push On outlet with standard 5/8 UNF thread

I just zippy tie my airstone to the end of my long plastic paddle . I use to mash in my grains. Spray with starsan then it works well as I can keep it down the bottom and stir slowly while pumping the 02, oops , O2 through.

Back