Deep Fried Camembert

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jye

Hop Junky
Reaction score
I dont know if you hardcore cheese guys like it but every time we go to the German Club here is Brisbane we always pig out on it :icon_drool2: So we just had to give it a go at home :D

Ingredients
Camembert
Flour
Egg
Bread Crumbs

Cut the cheese into wedges, roll in flour, dip into the beaten egg and roll in the crumbs. Heat the oil so that a piece of bread will turn golden in 30 seconds, make sure its not to hot because the cheese will brown and cook on the outside before the cheese melts. Depending on the size of the cheese it will need 30 sec or longer in the oil to melt through.

Side with some cranberry sauce and go for it... and its really easy to eat a whole wheel like this :super:

IMG_3023.JPG

Looks awesome Jye! Love deep fried camembert. I do a bit of a twist on that sort of salt and pepper calamari style. I use corn flour instead of flour, it's a bit lighter and comes out a bit crispier. Also I serve it with quice paste for something different.

Cheers

Chappo

I MUST make that this weekend.

cheers

Browndog

One of the local pubs here does this. Its heavenly. :icon_drool2:

One of the local pubs here does this. Its heavenly. :icon_drool2:

Used to go to a vege restaurant in Sydney called vegetalia (or somthing like that) and they did this, but laid the cheese on a snow pea before crumbing it... gives a great fresh crunch to it.

I love that stuff.. but you can hear your arteries clanging shut just looking at it...

Ah, German Club this Saturday for lunch :icon_drool2: .
I might have to run a few km in advance, I think I put on a few kilos just looking at the photo.

I used to work in a restaurant that did that... whenever the cook went out for a durry I would throw as many pieces as I could eat in the fryer. I had many, many molten cheese burns in my time there.

this used to be quintessential fine dinning back in the 70's. whole cheese wheel deepfried with cranberry sause on top or on side. my dad still shudders when he remembers having to make this (he's a chef).

its so yum though.

Latest posts

Back