Debunking the raw food fraud/diet

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I drink quite a bit of water every day. I'm too cheap to buy it though. We have chilled water at work for free but there's still plenty of people paying for their water at the canteen for some reason. I guess I have a job where it doesn't matter how many times I visit the can a day.

All this health food shit, creating a group of idiots imo.

I have found out that they are naieve as shit. Avoiding eating bacon to avoid nitrates??? Your celery stick has 3x the amount. Get a clue please, stop believing in what you read on the internet.

(Yes, i live with 3 healthies. No, i don't follow their believes. Yes, i am qualified to say your all crazy.)

Edit: Another thing is that silly (non-cooled) $800 water machine filled with demineralised water and a bunch of 'engineered' rocks. Just to put in the minerals ffthat you take out in the first place. WTF. Im hitting the instant cold tap everyday instead.

adryargument said:
Get a clue please, stop believing in what you read on the internet.
I saw this on the internet. Should i believe it? Paradox!

Ducatiboy stu said:
Whiper Sniper in a bottle
The advantage of roundup is you don't have to disturb the soil (major ecological benefit over tilling the soil) and it leaves a nice mulch to protect the soil. Also a lot less sweat and petrol fumes.

Bribie G said:
What's your view on people (mostly checkout chicks) who suck on a water bottle all day like it's got a teat. Worked in a call centre with dozens of chicks and they spent half their time running off for a piss.
I guess in prehistoric and even historic times people didn't suck all day. When I were a lad the though of paying for a drink of water would have been laughable.
Seriously, as with all things, we only require 'enough'. Guzzling liters of water beyond the body's needs serves no purpose unless you have some fetish for pissing.
Not really my kettle of fish, but hey, whatever floats your boat. Were they German or Danish lasses by chance? Just curious..

Next to organic produce - not the farmers market version, mind you - I'm convinced someone, somewhere, sitting on the deck of a luxury yacht moored in the marina grande enjoys a giant belly laugh every time some western twat pays for the convenience of drinking tap water from a plastic bottle.

I freely admit however when travelling in parts of south east Asia or anywhere I was advised to 'not drink the water', I reached for the bottled stuff.
If beer was unavailable, that is.

Bottled water has its uses. Mainly refilling the empty plastic bottle with water from the tap.
I don't much care what other people choose to spend their money on though.

What's your view on people (mostly checkout chicks) who suck on a water bottle all day like it's got a teat. Worked in a call centre with dozens of chicks and they spent half their time running off for a piss.

No-one has made the obvious observation yet that this is no surprise, as those jobs just suck in general.

Yeah. Sorry. I'll see myself out.

Most bottled water is filtered tap water.

Why is bottled water more expensive than beer or petrol...?

I laugh every time someone goes for the bottled water, knowing full well they are getting ripped of big time.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Kangaroo is prob one of the best meats,low in fat and high in iron .

Bitch to cook, needs to be cooked "rare", due to its lack of fat.
Very quickly stir-fried chinese style is good. Best kangaroo I have had was from a Chinese restaurant in Sydney.

Aces High said:
maybe cooking is better as it may just break down some of the lingering glyphosate which is reeking havoc inside our bodies
Got any evidence for that? And I don't mean fanciful claims like on the raw food websites.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Most bottled water is filtered tap water.
Why is bottled water more expensive than beer or petrol...?
I laugh every time someone goes for the bottled water, knowing full well they are getting ripped of big time.
Know what coca cola makes on $3 something bottle of coke?. Probably not much less than the water people, maybe even more, and it's probably 95% water. Buying bottled water might be stupid but if I'm out and about and need to drink something most of the time I'd rather water than a shed load of sugar ( or sugar alcohols ) and god knows what other chemicals.

No need to feel stoopid anymore..

Smart_Water_Range__95304_zoom.jpg

Reminds me of that brand, 'Conscious Chocolate'. So, you mean the chocolate is actually aware of its surroundings?

TimT said:
Well you can get meat from cows and goats and sheep too, and a lot of it, so they're desirable animals to have around. I assume people would have known about cow milk for a long time before they started consuming it in large quantities - possibly it was considered of medical benefit originally, or just as an alternative to meat when little of that was available. Cats are supposedly lactose intolerant but they looooooooove cream, certainly ours do. I can see those early humans having similar inclinations - 'I'm not supposed to have this milk but damn it's nice....'

Indeed, only 35 per cent of humans have inherited the gene for lactose tolerance. So that's roughly 2/3rds of humans alive who aren't lactose tolerant!
A big part of it is lactase, an enzyme which is denatured in pastuerisation and naturally found in milk. It's added in now to make lactose free milk.

It naturally breaks down lactose in milk to make it more digestible. Maybe that's why 2/3rds of us can't consume lactose?

Human breast milk was the only form of food for us as babies, so our body produced lactase, as we started to eat more solid foods, we ended up not producing lactase naturally and we never drank milk again..

Human breast milk has twice the lactose as cows surprisingly!

The cultured European butters and yoghurt bought in australia should all have a lot less lactose (if any dependant on product) than the non cultured dairy foods because of live cultures and enzymes that will break lactase down for us.

I'm willing to say it's not genetic, it's human interference with the natural way things are - sure milk can be dangerous if farmed in unsanitary conditions and blended from multiple farms. But straight from the cow into a clean bucket.. Nothing is more pure, take what you need, leave the rest for the calf!

If I could buy raw milk for consumption, I'd be gettin my fiancé to drink it and see how she goes (she's lactose intolerant).

2/3 of the human race may be lactose intolerant, but the vast majority of Europeans and Australians (to name 2) are quite capable of digesting lactose due to that gene mutation. Lucky for us otherwise the demand for milk worldwide would probably put milk up to five bucks a litre.

TimT said:
Reminds me of that brand, 'Conscious Chocolate'. So, you mean the chocolate is actually aware of its surroundings?
They're trying to tap into the anti-vego market.

Back