Daylesford?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve

On the back bloody porch!
Reaction score
Anyone live in Daylesford?? They must be desparate for tourists. Anyone else see the ads for it on Fox every 10 mins? Its just bizarre! Hot chick though!
Cheers
Steve

That ad makes me specifically not go to daylesford. I dont find the image of a woman who cant act hoovering down great handfuls of berries appealing in the slightest.

Its Isabel Lucas. Transformers II, Home and Away and greenpeace activist.
Great bathers those white ones! ;)

It took me a while to get that ad. I actually really like it now that I "get it" before that I was like WTF?
But your right it does get a lot of airtime on foxtel especially on the lifestyle networks - which I guess makes sence.

Was in Daylesford with the wife for a weekend last month.

There's a cafe on the main strip called "Beer & Breakfast" that stocks a pretty good range of micro and foreign beers, and the owner/manager is pretty passionate about his beers.

Had a couple of Flanders reds, some belgians, Epic IPA from NZ and a couple of others sitting in the fridge, plus a whole stack of Michael Jackson and other beer author books sitting on the shelves to peruse on a cold, wet afternoon.

last time i went to daylesford it was for a work strategic planning day. stayed at peppers. didnt get to leave the compound or use the spa facilities. not a happy camper.

d'ford was lucky to miss out on being burned downn by the bushfires so they are trying to get tourists etc. plus disposable income has reduced which means les people lashing out on spa stays. thus they are trying to show that there's more to d'ford than sitting in a spa or getting a massage

Like eating berries, getting pissed and casual sex?

Like eating berries, getting pissed and casual sex?

No mate that is the Dive Instructors in Cairns or so the local media would have us believe.

( must have been a slow news day until the earthquakes struck ).

There's a cafe on the main strip called "Beer & Breakfast" that stocks a pretty good range of micro and foreign beers, and the owner/manager is pretty passionate about his beers.
Did you get a name? I know a guy who was looking at doing something similar in Daylesford.

Some damn nice food in that part of the world. If you can get over the yuppy aspects, it's a nice place to spend some time with the other half.

Did you get a name? I know a guy who was looking at doing something similar in Daylesford.

Some damn nice food in that part of the world. If you can get over the yuppy aspects, it's a nice place to spend some time with the other half.

No, sorry, was a bit exhausted from climbing those damn hills to bother with the guys name, but he's been there at least 12 months. Just wanted a beer, and how! ;)

And yeah, ignore the yuppies, and there's some nice local produce up there. We go through via a little "town" called Musk, and pick up some excellent, cheap smallgoods. Good salamis, prosciutto, and chorizo's.

Back