Dairy Power Defender - Good Price ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plastic Man

Reaction score
Help from anyone using Dairy Power Defender

Ive been using One Shot the last few years but am almost out. Thought it maybe time to bite the bullet and buy some Dairy Power Defender and save some cash. Ive convinced 4 mates to split a 20litre drum 5 ways, but the cost I was quoted today seems way over what I seem to remember from discussion a few years back. I had in my head it was roughly $120 for 20l.

I emailed Cleantec who referred me to Farm Services at Windsor (outer Sydney) and they quoted $177 for 20 litres. Is this a normal price ??

Also product sheet says use 3ml per litre, which is about a teaspoon a litre. Is this about right ??

Also keen to buy some Sodium Percarbonate in bulk as well. Any one in Sydney know of a bulk supplier.

Thanks in advance :)

Richard.

I purchased a 20ltr cube of Uniphor (basically idophor) from a dairy supplier some time back for about $80 but this was in Victoria.

Help from anyone using Dairy Power Defender

Ive been using One Shot the last few years but am almost out. Thought it maybe time to bite the bullet and buy some Dairy Power Defender and save some cash. Ive convinced 4 mates to split a 20litre drum 5 ways, but the cost I was quoted today seems way over what I seem to remember from discussion a few years back. I had in my head it was roughly $120 for 20l.

I emailed Cleantec who referred me to Farm Services at Windsor (outer Sydney) and they quoted $177 for 20 litres. Is this a normal price ??

Also product sheet says use 3ml per litre, which is about a teaspoon a litre. Is this about right ??

Also keen to buy some Sodium Percarbonate in bulk as well. Any one in Sydney know of a bulk supplier.

Thanks in advance :)

Richard.

I take it that it is phos. acid,I use this but under the name 'eliminate' dairy product as well.Your price quoted is about correct these days,in fact it's good I pay $15-$20 more.

Batz

Batz

Thanks. I think its basically the same sort of product. Phosphoric based low foam sanitiser (Phosphoric acid / Alkylbenzene sulphonic acid).

I'll grab 20l knowing now the price is OK.

cheers - richard.

Back