D Rest For Staro Prague

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

proudscum

Reaction score
Is a D rest required for this yeast?i am a couple of points off target gravity(fg) if so raise to 20 oC and hold it for how long?

Chhers SCum

I couldn't tell you if this yeast requires a D rest but when I did use this yeast I did raise the temperature toward the end of the ferment to ensure the beer was fully fermented with the added bonus of performing a D rest at the same time.

Staro Prague is one of the best lager yeast I've used so far.

I couldn't tell you if this yeast requires a D rest but when I did use this yeast I did raise the temperature toward the end of the ferment to ensure the beer was fully fermented with the added bonus of performing a D rest at the same time.

Staro Prague is one of the best lager yeast I've used so far.

i thought Cali lager was one of your favs?

i thought Cali lager was one of your favs?
Yes it is a favourite but I'm refering to the euro strains

Are you using the Straro Prague in your Vienna? If so we'll have to do a side by side yeast comparison since I'm about to keg a Vienna using 2001.

What temp is it at proudscum? Did you pitch cold and did you pitch enough yeast?

i managed to get it down to 14 in the kettle and pitched at 10 after a couple of hours in the fermentation fridge.I had a 1.5lt starter which i settled out...so poured off and then pitched.so its going from 11 to 20 over a couple of days and will rack off then cc

Back