• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Custom Clocks

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QldKev

Brew Dude
Reaction score
I recently got a custom clock made up. The person doing them doesn't want to spend too much time discussing them on the Internet to get a sale as this is just a side line hobby. I though I would offer them for sale on their behalf as I think there would be some brewers who would want them, and they are happy with this. I will make a few dollars on the sale to cover my time. (If this thread should be in the retailers section please move it for me)

Basically you send me a decent quality image of what you want on the face. They will add the round border, numbers, and then build the clock. It may take a week or so before they are ready.

They are $35 each plus postage
Postage is $15 for 1, or $20 for 2. (inc bubble wrap etc, if this works out a lot cheaper you will get back the difference)

They are happy for a bulk buy.
10 units is $30 each, and you will only be charged the cost price for postage.

Although they will be packaged properly, you may want to take out postage insurance against these as they could be damaged in the post.
At this price there is no warranty as post is worth half the cost alone. Remember this is not a retail outlet, I'm only doing this so you can access them.

clock_fini_zps7156f15c.jpg

This is the pic I sent them
clock_zpscd0e04ee.png

Hey they look nice and are silent you can pick up a quartz clock movement takes one AA battery for about $12.00 from a craft shop includes hands in many designs..

bradsbrew said:
Nice. Expect an order.
Let me know next time your up and you could pick it up

DU99 said:
are the clock's silent sweep..(make no noise)
Nope, I can hear it ticking. It's not loud, but you can hear it.

Gryphon Brewing said:
What warranty does it have ?
It's addressed in the original post

Ducatiboy stu said:
Can you get them in metric
?
If you throw it, time does fly

Tropical_Brews said:
Hey they look nice and are silent you can pick up a quartz clock movement takes one AA battery for about $12.00 from a craft shop includes hands in many designs..
Probably what they are doing, clock movement + face/surround + battery + printing + profit for their time

It looks great, Kev.

Seems pretty pricey considering what you can source from China - LED back lit etc...

Anyway, support the locals I guess.... Not a flag you seem to fly though :p

Good luck with it! :icon_cheers:

I was going to get an ebay clock for the brew area, then saw these and thought they looked cool. Honestly I don't mind if none sell. I'm not forcing anyone to buy one. I'm just offering it if someone wants one, it's not the type of thing I've seem customized before. It takes me 20mins each way to drive into town, so time and fuel to pick them up, wrap them and take them to the post office I'm actually loosing money if people buy them, even if I do a few at a time. Maybe with all the negative Nazis I should just pull the pin on the buy.

It cost me almost that much to get a decent A4 sticker made up for my brewery so to get a clock made for that price is good. I could buy a cheapo $12 clock but I couldn't get my brewery logo on it so I think that's a good deal.

I didn't want to appear negative I think it looks great (Target? ) and worth the money just if anybody is interested in making their own it is not too difficult.

You want a warranty and it doesn't come with one, so don't buy it

You think it's too expensive and cheaper to import from ebay, so don't buy it.

You think you can make one cheaper yourself, so don't buy it.

Qldkev has addressed most of these issues in his original post so why all the negativity? If you don't like the conditions of the purchase then don't buy it.

Why has AHB become such a doom and gloom environment?

I think one of these would look great in my brewery/bar. Do we send the artwork to you Kev????

Screwy

Cocko said:
As opposed to Kev ripping in to every other retailer/selling thread, Andrew?

Yes the keg king elements thread, and yes when a retailer doesn't deliver as promised.

But where for the sake of it?

Sorry Kev, not a personal attack, just saying you have had your say on many retailer threads and rarely endorsing....

No biggy mate, I am out.

Nice.
im tempted just to print an inkjet copy of my logo and pry open a $5 aldi clock and stick it in. Should look damn similar. Thanks for the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back