Current Brisbane Bulk Buys

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll have two tins of Farmland Lager and some white sugar from IGA. I can pick up from Screwtops. (will bring own 'green' recycle bag) :p

InCider.

I'll have two tins of Farmland Lager and some white sugar from IGA. I can pick up from Screwtops. (will bring own 'green' recycle bag) :p

InCider.

That's the last order I can take - the pallet is now full.

InCider your payment is now due. :p Please forward ASAP as you're holding up the shipment. :eek:

Cheers,

microbe

So has everyone coughed up the dough yet Mike?

InCider.

Geez, you let your head go there InCider, sure there is a cheaper alternative.

So has everyone coughed up the dough yet Mike?

I have nine and I expect the last in Monday's mail. The order will be placed on Monday. Ross has said previously 2-3 days for delivery so the end of the week should see grain being distributed.

Cheers,

microbe

I have nine and I expect the last in Monday's mail. The order will be placed on Monday. Ross has said previously 2-3 days for delivery so the end of the week should see grain being distributed.

Cheers,

microbe
Order has been placed and paid in full. Luckily only one out of stock, and the substitute was easy to arrange. There may be some malt still getting through customs, Ross said, but even then - worst case is early next week. Will update again when I have a delivery date.

Cheers,

microbe

Zizzle, there's been a delay through customs, which is out of anyones control.
At this moment it's looking 95% sure for arrival in Brizzy next Friday.
There will be a confirmation as soon as we hear its cleared.

cheers Ross

Any updates? Don't you go on holidays soon?

Soon, yes, but not that soon (I'm still counting weeks, not days). The hurry-up was to get the organisation done with.

I should be at the warehouse all day Friday with my car in for a service, so if we get confirmation of the delivery it'll be a good day for all who can make it to Hemmant to do so. As soon as Ross knows he'll let me know and I'll pass the information on.

Cheers,

microbe

Zizzle, there's been a delay through customs, which is out of anyones control.

Bugger, I knew I shouldn't have ordered that bag of Columbian Nose Candy to... Bloody customs... ;)

As previously indicated I'm happy to collect malt for Sunshine Coast Area people. Malt will be available then for collection from my place in Caloundra. Will advise when I'm able to collect, probably as soon as the malt is available in Bris.

Before I will collect malt on anyone's behalf I require a PM from each brewer indicating what your order is and stating that you want me to collect it for you.

Cheers,
Screwy

Hi Guys,

I've just been informed the grain is arriving today.
Microbe doesn't have access to AHB during the day, so passing on following from him...

Pick up Friday is good for Microbe - PM him for more detail.

cheers Ross

PM sent unable to pick up Friday, over the weekend is a possibility depending on Microbe.

Sunshine Coast Brewers, only been advised by one brewer at present that they want me to collect their grain. any others wanting me to collect PM me.

Screwy

*BUMP*

It has landed!!! Any time (Bus. Hours) after 8am Friday is good. Let me know if/when you're coming. PM for address details. Weekend is still a possibility. Will update with time once it's firmed.

Anyone on the Gold Coast requiring delivery or meeting half-way?? PM!

Cheers,

microbe

Hmmmm...any chance of getting one of these happening up Bundy way Ross? I have been thinking of ordering a few bags anyway.

Hmmmm...any chance of getting one of these happening up Bundy way Ross? I have been thinking of ordering a few bags anyway.

Did you read the thread? The idea is that it is to be very hands-off for Ross. You have to organise the lot. Freight, numbers, finance etc. The order just uses Ross's account for the order. So if you think you can get together 20+ people to pay for a bag or two of grain then you're away. The emphasis is on someone not Ross organising & coordinate it. We were lucky enough for microbe to volunteer for us.

Or am I misunderstanding the question? Are you asking an opinion from Ross on how many people buy grain from up that way so that you know whether to bother to try to organise a bulk buy?

Edit: spelling

Did you read the thread? The idea is that it is to be very hands-off for Ross. You have to organise the lot. Freight, numbers, finance etc. The order just uses Ross's account for the order. So if you think you can get together 20+ people to pay for a bag or two of grain then you're away. The emphasis is on someone not Ross organising & coordinate it. We were lucky enough for microbe to volunteer for us.

Or am I misunderstanding the question? Are you asking an opinion from Ross on how many people buy grain from up that way so that you know whether to bother to try to organise a bulk buy?

Edit: spelling

Sorry, what I meant to ask is:

#1 does Ross think he can get a pallet up here at a reasonable cost?
#2 does he think there would be enough demand?

I only know 2 other brewers in the area and I would say we could order 10 bags max between us...

I would of course be willing to do all the organising, storing, splitting, etc. Though I certainly could not bank roll something like that :p

I still don't think you are getting it.

You've gotta understand that Ross is being generous in offering this. He is effectively undercutting his own retail rates. So understandably he won't be doing a whole lot of work to facilitate this.

The point is that he doesn't organise the freight. That would work be work for him, for no reasonable pay off.
You have to call around and find a suitable carrier and get quotes on the rate. Like I said, the the point is that you organise the freight.

He does not bank roll it and collect the money off a bunch of people. There is more work and risk for no payoff. You do that and present him with the complete total. If you aren't willing to do that then the answer to your original question is no, it's probably not feasible for you.

Start a new topic. Bundy Bulk Buy. You'll need to get interest in getting at least 20 bags up to 36. You can get prices from here.

Freight to Brisbane was $240 and Ross was kind enough to organise that (but I'd assume that was only because we're in the same city) I collected, collated, confirmed all the orders, issued invoices and collected all funds before paying Ross the total (including freight). Wasn't hard but did take some time.

Good luck.

microbe

Back