Craftbrewer Postage To Adelaide

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stef

Reaction score
Anyone in Adelaide bought stuff from craftbrewer recently? I just want to get an idea of how long it will take to get here. Bought a few small packs of hops, 1 dry yeast and a short length of hose...

I paid on sunday night, hoping that the stuff would be here in time to brew on the weekend, but seeing as its not here and its thurs, its not looking good!

Not having a go- i've only heard good things about Ross and the guys at CB- just curious. I should have order earlier!

Anyone in Adelaide bought stuff from craftbrewer recently? I just want to get an idea of how long it will take to get here. Bought a few small packs of hops, 1 dry yeast and a short length of hose...

I paid on sunday night, hoping that the stuff would be here in time to brew on the weekend, but seeing as its not here and its thurs, its not looking good!

Not having a go- i've only heard good things about Ross and the guys at CB- just curious. I should have order earlier!

What postage option did you choose? I can't remember what comes by default from them because I pick up only these days...
The reason I ask is that I've found Aus post delivery times to be really bad of late so if you only chose standard then you could be out of luck...

stef,
whay hops and yeast do you need, i am sure one of us here can help if your stuck.

Regards Tony

thanks tony,
If it doesnt come its not a huge prob- i'll just do it next weekend! I'll post up here on Fri night if i get desperate!

I chose a courier option- dont think it was express, but when i was doing it i remember thinking that if it was getting couriered it shouldnt take more than a week... Was about $10 for the postage if that helps...

If it is under 3Kg which I think yours would be, they should be dispatched in an Auspost Express envelope. ($11.00 P&P )
Log on to your account you can check your past orders and see what postage you opted for.

You should have it by now probably arrive tomorrow.

I ordered a book not from CB and it took 7 days to arrive thought it had gone walkabout.

Drop em an e-mail or phonecall with your order number if it does not show up by Monday.

Fresh Wort kits take a while to get delivered but they are sent out by courier.

i wouldn't trust Auspost express..they say next business day depending on where you are,but i had things arrive two days later..

I ordered an element last wednesday, Ross posted thursday at lastest I think. 3kg parcel arrived tuesday to country sa, so it would have gone to adelaide first etc. If they aren't too busy you should have it tomorrow mate.
Cheers

i wouldn't trust Auspost express..they say next business day depending on where you are,but i had things arrive two days later..
"They say" that but it is a little more complicated than that. The sender and the receiver need to be within the express post network, as outlined on the back of the satchel.
If both sender and receiver ARE within the network and it takes more than 1 business day to arrive, you can request a free replacement express post satchel as compensation.

Logged back in and did a bit of searching. I chose the option of:

Fastway Satchel (5kg), Shipping and Handling Costs $10.20

+1 on giving them a call with your order number. The'll let you know what's going on. Just remember that they are not open on a Monday, so more than likely would not get sent until Tuesday.

Fastway Express might have a tracking number if you ask them, I know some other transport companies provide them these days.

I order gear from Ross at times and it allways takes a week or more to get here on Australia Post Express bag. I am in Port Lincoln and I think this costs me another day in delivery time.

I have learned not to rely on delivery and I try to order well in advance.

I would check with Ross and his guys as to when it was despatched.

I ordered a counter pressure bottle filler from Ross some time ago and it didn't turn up so he sent me another one and low and behold about two weeks after it arrived the other one turned up, so go figure.
Anyway I sent the second one back.

Cheers

pimpsqueak,i have had issues Australia Post Express...
Haven't we all...

Logged back in and did a bit of searching. I chose the option of:

Fastway Satchel (5kg), Shipping and Handling Costs $10.20
Get your tracking number off Ross and go the the Aus Post website and track your parcel.
While you're there, make sure you're within the express post network, if not, then there's no guarantee, they only attempt to deliver as quickly as possible.

Haven't we all...

Get your tracking number off Ross and go the the Aus Post website and track your parcel.
While you're there, make sure you're within the express post network, if not, then there's no guarantee, they only attempt to deliver as quickly as possible.

Fastway is a Courier Company PS so it is anybody's guess when he gets it . Should be able to track it on the Web though.

Worth getting it sent Express Bag if under 3 kilos for the sake of a few cents extra IMO.

fastways is not aus post they are a courier company. I used them moving from sunshine coast to newcastle and they send my $3000 computer to darwin all the other stuff arrived on time, but the most expensive thing took them 2 days to find it and luckily it was working. I did pay insurance on it all and it cost me about $2500 for the lot but they did float my ute down as well so I flew down on a plane lol

Im in Mt Gambier - south east corner of SA, 30km from VIC border, ordered best part of half a kilo of Nelson Sauvin and a couple of yeasts Monday mid morning.

Came home today to find it in my letterbox. Now it's safely snug and tucked away in my fridge.

Brilliant stuff!

I made an order last thurs, paid extra for shipping and it only turned up today. However I dont blame CB I blame aust post.

Fastway is a Courier Company PS so it is anybody's guess when he gets it . Should be able to track it on the Web though.

Worth getting it sent Express Bag if under 3 kilos for the sake of a few cents extra IMO.
Oops, my bad.
Still traceable though, just no guarantee as to delivery times.

Seeing how the Fastway guys treat the stuff I ship with them ,I too would go with the Express Post option. Though I imagine behind the scenes the freight gets treated the same.

I made an order last thurs, paid extra for shipping and it only turned up today. However I dont blame CB I blame aust post.

Had two orders the same...guaranteed next day delivery my arse...maybe next week delivery. Going off the date of print out from CB they where spot on for the times stated on the site...just aust post is the let down.

Don't be afraid to give Ross a call - he is pretty quick and reliable with these things. He is human though :ph34r: ;) they did misplace an order of mine and kept me waiting a fortnight before I rang and checked its where abouts

Back