Craft Breweries & Pubs Around Adelaide

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One night in Adelaide so far and one monumental hangover (so far)...

Lunch at the Black Bull, for no other reason than it was nearby. Apparently Adelaide's oldest permanent pub. LCPA was cold and delicious on a hot day.

Dinner at the Edinburgh Castle Hotel. Lobenthal Pale Ale in the bottle left me completely underwhelmed (all malt, no hops), but the IPA was nice. Meechi Pale Ale was a much nicer drop than the Lobenthal. The parma was very tasty, no ham though which is points off in my book.

As an added bonus The Ed was running their 'Monday Night for the Lonely Soul Variety Show' which provided hours of entertainment, often cringeworthy, but that really deserves a thread of it's own. Suffice to say there were guitars, an organ, magic, standup, one g-string and lots of bubbles.

Left at closing time and old mate I'm here working with decided we should have 'one more' at the Pokie Tavern next to our accommodation...crawl into bed two hours later and one almighty hangover ensues.

The Austral tonight I'm thinking...keen!

Latest posts

Back