Craft Beer On The Sunshine Coast Qld

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mixed six packs or even cartons is a great idea.

I often just want to try beers but buying single bottles can be over the top expensive, so sometimes I buy six packs, but then it's all the one beer which sucks.

I reckon what would be ideal is mixed six packs e.g. 6 different beers from the one brewery in a 6 pack for the price or close to it, of a normal unmixed six pack from that brewery.

Then also mixed cartons, so a carton with 4 different six packs in it at the same price as a normal carton of that brewery.

If I could regularly do that, I would buy more beer. But truth be told I don't live on the sunny coast so I'm not a potential customer.

@Incider: I wasn't planning on stocking ciders as there doesn't seem to be much of a market beyond Strongbow (bleargh!) but if you looking for something, come see me I'll do my best to order it in.

If there's interest, I could start a bit of an informal club, mostly for email mailouts of new brews and any specials, but we could definitely organise tastings...
I think you are wrong on that one, at least it seems that way from my perspective so I could well be wrong.
'Craft' Ciders are very popular at the moment from what I can see. The range in Dan Muprhy's has increased massively recently. It started with a few and now there are all sorts of Ciders and Perrys in there.
They could be attempting to create the market I suppose but it has been such an increase in range I'd think it likely that it was due to the success of some of the lines they had in.

Mixed packs are a good idea especially if trying something for the first time. Email with specials or promos coming up would be a bit of a motivator for me to get down that end of the coast more often.

I think you are wrong on that one, at least it seems that way from my perspective so I could well be wrong.
'Craft' Ciders are very popular at the moment from what I can see. The range in Dan Muprhy's has increased massively recently. It started with a few and now there are all sorts of Ciders and Perrys in there.
They could be attempting to create the market I suppose but it has been such an increase in range I'd think it likely that it was due to the success of some of the lines they had in.

I don't know if any of the NZ products are available in Australia but this stuff would sell quite well I reckon

If there's interest, I could start a bit of an informal club, mostly for email mailouts of new brews and any specials, but we could definitely organise tastings...
[/quote]

Now you've got my attention, that sounds like a great idea!

I live on Kawana Island and would be happy to particpate.

Cheers

I don't know if any of the NZ products are available in Australia but this stuff would sell quite well I reckon
Some of those are here already Bribie. I've grabbed a couple of them recently, pretty sure it was Dan Murphy's, but haven't tried them yet.
I'm pretty certain that's the name, I couldn't see the label on the little bottles to compare it though...

put me down for interest... i'd definitely be interested in some mail outs

i'd be in for this...was also thinking some tasting nights would be good too

another beer i haven't seen around for years is mac's hop rocker, it' from over the ditch

I would travel to support tastings, usual spend is in the $60 - $100 at Dans when I'm on the coast, would prefer to support an AHB'er who supports craft beer.

Definately stock Sunshine Coast Rye ESB, thats one beer that will "shock" locals into supporting the Brewery.

Screwy

[Another option I've been thinking about is maybe offering them to the regulars at a discounted price. I will be offering a mixed (6 or 8) pack discount to encourage trying various different types.

The list of initial beers I'm working on currently has the Sunshine Coast Brewery range, some choice Epic brews (Amageddon IPA is on there), Hobgoblin, some Feral brews, Montieths, Holgate, Timothy Taylor Landlord (found a distributer), Brewdog (going to try get Tactical Nuclear Penguin), Summer Lightning Ale, and Rogue. Do I have any glaring omissions? Is it an interesting selection?

@barry3: Any particular brands in the euro pilsners? I'm more of a ale kind of guy so my knowledge is lacking there...]

I would be interested in trying discounted mixed (6 or 8) packs of different types.

The initial list looks interesting enough.

My experience of euro pilsners is limited to the 6-8 packs of mixed beers that appear around Christmas time.
However the following appear popular.
Pilsner Urquell
Budvar Budejovicky
Staro Praemer
Bitburger
Warsteiner

You could switch either Bitburger or Warsteiner for Jever Pils if you can get it :) .

Sounds good, we will be up at Caloundra in Feb so will be hunting you down for some craft beers.
Just to get the location right that is the first shopping centre you come to as you come into Caloundra?
Hope to get some brews for our stay there.
Cheers
Aussiechucka

hey azrebb how are things progressing?

The short answer is; much slower than I'd like. I'm waiting on paperwork to be approved before I can order. Dealing with admin girls isn't all sexy glasses and flirting. The suppliers are all eager though, and I should end up with a nice range of aussie and NZ craft brews, and some nice imports (even taking into account various out of stocks).

I've been been thinking about collecting some email addresses so I can mail everyone with the range and any deals when it's finally rolling (I'll also post here). I might even try to organise a mini tasting a month or so after it's started to celebrate.

If anyone is interested in this, just PM me your email address.

The short answer is; much slower than I'd like. I'm waiting on paperwork to be approved before I can order. Dealing with admin girls isn't all sexy glasses and flirting. The suppliers are all eager though, and I should end up with a nice range of aussie and NZ craft brews, and some nice imports (even taking into account various out of stocks).

I've been been thinking about collecting some email addresses so I can mail everyone with the range and any deals when it's finally rolling (I'll also post here). I might even try to organise a mini tasting a month or so after it's started to celebrate.

If anyone is interested in this, just PM me your email address.

awesome work, sorry to hear about not-so-sexy glasses...sorta reminds me of 'Who's Nailin' Paylin?'

will you have any sunshine coast brewery offerings? It is sad that the big boys elbow small guys out of their local market (if this is even the case, big guess on my behalf)

kymba

will you have any sunshine coast brewery offerings? It is sad that the big boys elbow small guys out of their local market (if this is even the case, big guess on my behalf)

kymba

Funnily enough, I was talking to them this morning. I intend to carry most of their range. Got to support your locals after all.

They're ridiculously busy at the moment getting ready to open their bar in Maroochydore next week (fingers crossed).

Azrebb how is this progressing?

I'm heading up to Caloundra this weekend and was wondering if I need to bring some stock up from Bris.

Azrebb how is this progressing?

I'm heading up to Caloundra this weekend and was wondering if I need to bring some stock up from Bris.

Slowly. The good news is that we do finally have some stock! I was going to wait a bit longer before making some sort of announcement but it's happening now.

There's a small but interesting range (in my mind anyway). I managed to get a case of Murray's Punk Monk (fantastic!), Bridge Roads Saison, Rogue Yellow Snow, Mad Brewers Scribbly Gum and a few other craft brews.

To start with we'll be doing a mixed six pack deal, where you can buy any six brews and receive a discount.

Unfortunately, I won't be in over the weekend as there been some dramas at the pub so I'm covering DM shifts up there (and will be for a bit longer) rather than being in my store. Not too happy about to be honest.

I'm thinking of organising a mini tasting on a friday afternoon in couple of weeks time as a kind of official opening.

Love that idea of a mini tasting - and you know the wallets come out then! :D

Back