New Coopers "Craft" recipes.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H0U5ECAT

Reaction score
The bewitched can sounds pretty similar to black rock golden ale in the description if you want to scale something similar up. When I did kits and bits used to use that can a bit and thought it was pretty good

The cans sound interesting. Needing 2 cans to do a standard batch will drive the cost up a bit though. Might try one out though.

Don't want to go about bashing the Coopers recipe because I'm still pretty new at this and I'm sure there's 30 other things I ballsed up but the Voodoo recipe turned out terrible for me. For one, that Bewitched amber ale just doesn't seem that nice. It's got this smokey aftertaste that just doesn't sit well with me. There was a thread over on the Coopers forums complaining about it just the other day. For seconds, the brown sugar adds a wicked amount of sweetness at the 8.5l recipe volume that doesn't gel with the flavour of the kit at all. Add all that to the fact that it got way to warm when I fermented it (26-28C, admittedly my own fault) and the end result is something I'm probably gonna tip soon. It got better with a few weeks in the bottle but it's still not drinkable.

Again, no idea what I'm doing but so YMMV lol. I'd be inclined to say follow the recipe, but sub out the Mr Beer kits for some amber LME and bitter yourself with some citrus hops and you might be onto a winner.

Back