Crackenback Pale Ale Fill Levels

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moodgett

Reaction score
hey guys,

im into my 2nd case of Snowy Mountains Crackenback, and have found one of the bottles is half full?
have held onto it and have noticed that almost all of them have different fill levels, some full completely, some towards the bottom of the neck.

anyways im not a total tightarse, but shouldnt there be like a quality control for this beer to ensure consistency of the product, i mean im paying 53 bucks a case? should i email them?

hey guys,

im into my 2nd case of Snowy Mountains Crackenback, and have found one of the bottles is half full?
have held onto it and have noticed that almost all of them have different fill levels, some full completely, some towards the bottom of the neck.

anyways im not a total tightarse, but shouldnt there be like a quality control for this beer to ensure consistency of the product, i mean im paying 53 bucks a case? should i email them?

call em & express your dissatisfaction. you might end up with a case for your feedback

Dont be too heavy on them, they contract brew. I'd be pointing the finger at the big guys for not keeping an eye on issues with their bottling line!

Dont be too heavy on them, they contract brew. I'd be pointing the finger at the big guys for not keeping an eye on issues with their bottling line!

Contract brewed or not, they are still accountable for quality control.

Get onto them moodgett

customer feedback like this will provide snowy with the ammo they need to monster their contract brewer to lift their game. After all it's snowy's brand and reputation on the line not the contract brewer..

Contract brewed or not, they are still accountable for quality control.
Get onto them moodgett

customer feedback like this will provide snowy with the ammo they need to monster their contract brewer to lift their game. After all it's snowy's brand and reputation on the line not the contract brewer..

What Crozdog has said what i mean. Snowy mountain are paying the contract brewers to have quality control in all aspects of their product. The brewery is designated accountability to ensure this doesnt happen but ultimatly if it fails, its snowy mountains failure.

Sounds like there's someone new on the bottling line!

$53! Where do you get it for that price? It was $55 at my local, but it's gone up to $60 :angry:

Also, I grabbed some from Bimbo Delux about a month ago, the first 2 were fine, but the 3rd one was deffinately off. Not sure what it was, as I still need to learn about the different infections, but it was bad. Was gonna take it back, but the line was massive. Was gonna e-mail them, but never got around to it. I've since bought it again, and it was fine. (but I was a little worried)

definately let them know - other than it being a issue for trades and measures they need to get thier copackers to lift their game.

I bought a case of James squires hop thief and found that one of the bottles in the case was missing the bottom, It had been labelled, and capped but as it had the entire base missing (which wasn't in the case) no beer. I called them and kicked up a stink because it almost cut my hand. They sent a rep from JS who gave me 2x six packs of original ale. It pays to winge... lol

Well I emailed them. And almost got an instant reply

Ben,

Sorry for this hassle but yes I would be interested in the pictures as well as the bottle code.

As we brew from a couple different breweries the code will help me down the culprit!

Cheers,

great service

Latest posts

Back