Crabs In The Boiler?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hockadays

Reaction score
Hi folks,

This may seem a bit odd be we have recently started crabbing and have caught a few. When we get home it's time to cook them and the idea of my 50L boiler keeps coming up. I'm not to keen on the idea but it is SS. Has anyone been crazy enough to do this???

Matt

I guess there's no reason why you can't - The household pots we've used in the past have always come up clean & odour free - All the same, I personally wouldn't let seafood anywhere near my kettle.... Good luck :)

cheers Ross...

Ross said:
All the same, I personally wouldn't let seafood anywhere near my kettle.... Good luck :)

cheers Ross...
[post="113751"][/post]​

The BYO oyster stout recipe not getting a run then? Can't say I fancy it myself.

Admin EDIT: Posting illegal activity is against forum rules.

Guest Lurker said:
Ross said:
All the same, I personally wouldn't let seafood anywhere near my kettle.... Good luck :)

cheers Ross...
[post="113751"][/post]​

The BYO oyster stout recipe not getting a run then? Can't say I fancy it myself.
[post="113753"][/post]​

Had a couple of oyster stouts at this years GB beer fetival - Quite drinkable, but not a style I feel complused to make, to be honest :) ...

cheers Ross...

I think it should be fine, just soak it with some nappy san for a day afterwards it willget rid of all odours.

But who dosen't like the smell of fresh crab cooking! Pity I can't catch any here to save myself! :( None of the locals will tell me their secret spots!!!!!

Have had a couple of Yabby boil ups in the SS kettle. Believe me a 1% boiling Caustic solution will remove anything; skin clothing paint and even Yabby smell.

MHB

Love fresh muddies, but how about lobster? We went to Vanuatu 4 months ago, stopped at a small island for the day and the locals served these up for us.

$10 each :beerbang: Go for it hockadays.

Cheers.

Lunch.jpg

Latest posts

Back